[AtGen] Re: atgevol digest

  • Susan Valenta
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 1999
      Hi everybody, my name is Susan Valenta and I'm just starting my Austrian
      family search. My grandmother, Anna Cebisch, said she was born in Vienna.
      I know her birthday was 12/1906. Her parents names were Anna Trondel/Trondl
      (father Joseph) and Carl Cebisch. They emigrated when my grandmother was
      about 9 months old. Carl had a sister in the US, Augusta Vucheggar but I
      don't think there were any other relatives here. My grandmother told me
      they owned/ran a tavern in Vienna and her father is listed as an architect
      on his death cert. My question is, not if any of you know of them, but how
      to actually start the search in Austria. I'm looking for hints, methods,
      addresses, if the LDS has films. etc. I know I have to do the leg work
      myself. Oh, they were Catholic, if that helps. Any suggestions
      appreciated. Susan
    • R/S J. FLECK
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 1999
        Hi:

        I am going to give you a web site I just discovered that looks like it
        could help you in searching for ancestors in Vienna. The address is:
        maxpages.com/poland/austrian_research
        I have looked at it briefly and it looks loke a promising resource. If you
        are just starting out doing your research you will want to work backwards.
        The LDS Family History Library can supply immigration records that will
        state where your family came from(i.e. place of birth etc.) but it will
        take a lot of work on your part. Good luck.

        Bob Fleck
        rsfleck@...