[AtGen] Plautz

  • G1Plautz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 1999
      My great uncle Joseph Plauz (Plautz) went to Mexico with Maximillian and
      served as his equery. Joseph escaped through the US during the Civil War and
      made his way back to Europe before Maximillian was beheaded in Mexico. His
      records should be in the archive in Vienna. I have seen this archive online
      but was told they would not accept requests by letter in English. I believe
      you have to visit the Military Archive and look for the records yourself.
      Wondering if anyone has gotten records from the Austrian-Hungarian Volunteer
      Army or from WW1. I am also interested in obtaining records from Vienna
      Austria to verify his children's births. I have looked into Slovenia where
      only one child was born in 1875, however, he had several other children. The
      archivist in Ljubjlana is unable to find any of the baptismal certificates
      for the children or a marriage certificate for Gertrude Petsche and Jose
      Plautz. Four children were born in Europe. Has anyone requested records from
      Vienna pertaining to births and marriages?

      Thanks,

      George J. Plautz Jr.
      Internet Lead and Webmaster of the Slovenian Genealogy Society

      <A HREF="http://www.sloveniangenealogy.org/MembershipInvitation.htm">Join
      us! An Invitation to join the Slovenian Genealogy Society</A>