[AtGen] Re: Gindl

  • Lynn Haning
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999

      Lynn Haning wrote:

      Thank you for the tips.  I have sent for a copy of my dad's social security
      application which should tell me a little more.  My problem is, I no longer have
      living relatives that can tell  me  names,  etc.  My dad use to tell me about his
      childhood, etc. but I didn't get serious about tracing anything until now which is
      30 years too late.  He also never told us (his children) that he was born out of
      wedlock which in those days was not good.  Anyways thank you again for your
      consideration.  Lynn

      "R/S J. FLECK" wrote:

      > There are a couple things you can do.  First, find their immigration
      > records which
      > will give you a lot of info, like d.o.b., place of birth etc.  Once you
      > know where they
      > were born exactly you can find their records using the LDS Geneaology
      > Library
      > resources.  You should be able to find the records of their births and the
      > names
      > of their parents etc.  From there, you just keep working backwards.  A
      > second
      > option is to use the on-line Austrian phone book to find your family name
      > and
      > write to some of those listings (in german).  The more info you have before
      > you
      > write the letters the more likely you are to get a positive response.  This
      > works,
      > I have personally met family members from six generations past using this
      > method.  Just be prepared to put in long research hours.  Good luck.
      >
      > Bob Bendl

      > Looking for the lowest mortgage rate? Whether you’re buying, refinancing
      > or consolidating debt GetSmart.com can help. We’ll help you find the loan
      > you need quick, and FREE click here at http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1284
      >
      > AUSTRIAN GENEALOGY - friends sharing resources - http://atgen.tsx.org
      >
      > -- eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/atgevol/?m=1
      > -- Free email groups at eGroups.com

      Looking for the lowest mortgage rate? Whether you’re buying, refinancing
      or consolidating debt GetSmart.com can help. We’ll help you find the loan
      you need quick, and FREE click here at http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1284

      AUSTRIAN GENEALOGY - friends sharing resources - http://atgen.tsx.org

      -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=atgevol&m=1

    • CHRISTINA MICHLEZ
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 1999
        Sorry, forgot to say August Unger was in PA as thats where my GParents first
        settled and got married in 1925 Allentown