Kreutzberg/Lohrig/Ritschel

  • lyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2011
      Hello fellow members,

      I live in England and I'm researching my overseas ancestors from various places in Europe.

      My gggrandfather Gottlieb Kreutzberg was born abt 1810 and may have been born in the state of  Thuringia in Germany, I believe his father was born in Austria, as were other members of his family. The family travelled in their work, they lived in Breslau, went as far as Poland,Sweden and Russia, France and Ljubljana in Slovenia, Lille in Belgium. I believe they also spent time travelling in Czechoslovakia too.

      The origins of  Franzisca W Lohrig, Gottlieb's wife are still a complete mystery to me. Their daughter Anna came to England in 1866, married and settled but it seems that she was still involved in travelling because her children were born in France [Paris] and  Vienna [Austria].

      I've had some luck finding living descendents on the internet, but for reasons of privacy they have been unwilling to help me. They don't want to talk about the past [Some members of the family changed their surname when they emigrated to the USA in the mid 1880's for some reason]  I have to respect their privacy, however I will continue to be discreet and I still want to find out where my ancestors came from.

      I decided that it was time to start writing to individual registrar's for information. I'm waiting for a reply from Leipzig, where Gottlieb Kreutzberg died in around 1874, hoping that I can gain details of his birth place.

      If anyone wants to make any suggestions or has ideas that might help me I'd be really pleased to hear from you.

      I'm happy to help anyone that needs any searches done in the UK.

      Lyn