Help tracing Blaschke family in Wien...

  • dhobbs1978
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2010
      Seeking help in Austria please!

      I have contacted the Wien Magistrats as they have records of all male births during the period my Great Grandfather was born, 1879. They have replied, in German, and as best I can decipher is that my Great Grandfather is mentioned in the records of a church however they couldn't find any information for his siblings; Karl, Viktoria and Poldi(Leopoldine?) as I didn't know any dates. The church (I think) they mention is Pfarre Sankt Josef in Margarten als Taufpfarre and they included a link to their website. I have tried emailing the contacts on the website but have had no joy with any replied. I used babelfish for translating my emails.
      If anyone has any advice or previous experience on how to move forward it would be really appreciated as I need to get mother/fathers names from any documents relating to Franz Blaschke, born 27 April 1879.

      Many thanks,

      David