Ludwig Krichinsky, a sapper serving during the World War I - need your help!

  • globehover2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2009
      Dear All,

      I'd like to ask for your kind assistance in finding an information
      about my ancestor, who served in Austria-Hungary Army during 1914-
      1915.

      I do live in Russian Far East for now. Some time ago our grandmother
      told us that she was a daughter of an Austrian sapper of the World
      War I, captured by Russian troops.
      She kept her secret for many years because communists in Soviet
      Union did not like those who had the relatives abroad.

      According to her, her father Ludwig, born between 1876-1882, was an
      Austrian military engineer (a sapper) during the World War I.
      He was captured by Russian troops in 1915 after the gas attack.
      Later he was sent to Siberia to prisoner-of-war camp (exact location
      unknown, he mentioned Omsk/Tomsk). He served several years in the
      camp.

      After the camp, he mastered to get a passport on the name of Ludwig
      Krichinsky and moved to Fergana city, Uzbekistan.
      He met our grand-grandmother Maria and they got married then. They
      had three children – Lydia (my grand mother), Nicholas and Lyudmila.
      My grand-grandfather Ludwig Krichinsky died in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
      in 1931, because of the lungs disease.

      Because of the communist terror in Soviet Russia in 1920-30s, he
      destroyed all the documents and photos proving his origin and
      military service history.
      He had a sister in Austria, - Elsa, she had two kids.
      He was a tall man with dark hair and brown eyes, he spoke Polish
      fluently.

      I thought that he might serve in Sappeurbataillon Nr.10 [Kommandant:
      Major Joseph Hněvkovský], 47 Brigade [GM. Felix Ritter Unschuld v.
      Melasfeld], Przemyśl garrison. Przemyśl was captured by russian
      troops on March 22, 1915.

      I'd like to ask your kind assistance in finding any information
      about my grand-grand father and would appreciate your every help!
      Thank you and kind regards!

      Andrey Dudko
      Danilovsky st., 6-58
      Khabarovsk 680054