Searching for ancestors in Vienna

  • Franck VEILLON
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
      Hello,

      I am French and have found this website seeking my Austrian ancestors.

      Links here point to general websites such as Familysearch, Ancestry.com or Geneanet.org which are not special to Austrian.

      I would like to find my ancestor Jacob CHASNY who was born in Vienna in 1774 and married Anne-Lyse Felecite COEURDROIT in Epernay, Champagne, FRANCE on the 20th of September, 1801. Jacob's father, Basille CHASNY, married Anne-Marie - last name unknown. That's all I have on details.

      Could anyone please help me find both of these Austrian CHASNYs ?

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Best regards

      Franck VEILLON

      franck.veillon@...
    • Francesco
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2008
        Franck,

        you have looked at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~autwie/

        but did you try the link to the Vienna GenConnect Query Board? It lets
        you post your queries ...

        http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.austria.prov.vienna/mb.ashx

        There is also a link under "Page Tools" to "Board Information" which
        has a good list of resources to select from.

        I hope this helps,

        Francesco di Jedlesee

        --- In AtGeVol@yahoogroups.com, "Franck VEILLON" <franck.veillon@...>