My Austrian ROOTS

  • Jeniffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2008
      Hello my name is Jeniffer (Ovatt) Baker.. .
      My family came from the Slovakia, Austrian Hungarian empire.. The
      Ovat/Ovatt's settled in Republic, Warrior, and Brookside areas of
      Jefferson County, Alabama. I need some help with my family history.
      John and Mary Ovatt were Greek Catholic, they settled in Jefferson
      County, My great great grandparents are Buried at a Catholic church
      in Brookside Alabama called St. Micheals.. They are buried in the
      part of the cemetary where the Slovensky familiy is Buried.maybe
      family???.. I know they had some close friends of the last
      name "Harvella" and "Shima" .Maybe if there are anyone in those
      families who know anything? I think that they immigrated in between
      1897 & 1905 maybe even through canada, or the south..... John and
      Mary Spoke no english!
      We dont have any immigration information yet. I have access to many
      websites,including a paid subscription to Ancestry.com, I have been
      at a Brick Road with my family for about 4 years... I have found no
      census
      record or any immigration.. I live in California and they lived in
      Alabama from 1906 until their deaths.. I know that I have found many
      typos in my family last name. OVAT. OVATT. Ovath. ect.. ... Oh.. I
      know all the men in the family were Coal miners in Kentucky and maybe
      other unknown states?? My main goal is to find immigration and
      naturalization for my family... I need all the help I can get.. have
      researched every website.. for years and anything you
      find is all the information I have put online.. No other Ovatt's
      exsist..Or it seems that way.... Please email me anyone if you know
      anyting on my slovak roots.. Thank You
      JLOCali@... & PresleyLoveTCB@...

      Here is a link to see A picture of
      John & Mary Ovat along with Baptisal records , marriage, death records
      for this family.

      http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/PresleyLoveTCB/Ovat%20Family/

      The family Information

      Husband: John Ovat
      Birthdate: OCT 25 1872
      Birthplace: Austria Death date: January 17 1936
      Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      Burial: Brookside, Alabama
      Father: UNKNOWN
      Mother: UNKNOWN
      Marriage date: UNKNOWN
      Marriage place: Other Country

      Wife: Mary (Maiden-Jemer/Gemer/Gamer??) / Ovat
      Birthdate: Jan 1874
      Birthplace: Austria Death date: March 14 1940
      Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      Burial: Brookside, Alabama
      Father: UNKNOWN
      Mother: UNKNOWN

      CHILDREN
      Child No. 1: Mike Ovat
      Sex: M
      Birthdate: 1901?
      Birthplace: other country
      Death date: 03-30-1936 kidney problem
      Place of death: pineville, Kentucky
      Burial: unknown
      Marriage date: unknown
      Marriage place: kentucky
      Spouse's name: Ella Moody

      Child No. 2: Annie Ovatt
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: August 09 1906
      Birthplace: Warrior, Alabama
      Death date: February 25 1988
      Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      Burial: Watts Union Cemetary
      Marriage date: unknown
      Marriage place: unknown
      Spouse's name: Willie (Bill) Leonard Stover

      (MY GREAT GRANDFATHER)
      Child No. 3: George Andrew Ovatt/OVAT ??
      Sex: M
      Birthdate: January 07 1909
      Birthplace: Warrior, Alabama
      Death date: February 17 1978
      Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      Burial: Watts Union Cemetary
      Marriage date: Aug 7, 1930
      Marriage place: Warrior, Alabama
      Spouse's name: Trixie Mary Lowe/ later married
      Annie Stover (willie stover's Sister)

      Child No. 4: Mary Helen Ovat
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: September 22, 1914
      Birthplace: Republic, Alabama
      Death date: unknown
      Place of death: Alabaster, Shelby county, Alabama
      Burial: Tuesday, January 3, 1995
      Marriage date: unknown
      Marriage place: unknown
      Spouse's name: unknown first name maybe AUBREY?? Last name is Bagwell.
      adopted one child name : LINDA GALES now LINDA CAMPBELL

      Child No. 5: Susie M. Ovatt
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: June 17, 1917
      Birthplace: Repubic, Alabama
      Marriage date: November 17, 1945 Marriage place: Birmingham, Jefferson
      County, ALabama
      Spouse's name: Marshall S. Zornes
      Burial: unknown
      Place of death: unknown
      Death date: unknown
      Susie later divorced Marshall and Married Max Beck