[AtGen] mystery grandfather: someone knows something.

  • christina@kzepmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
      My mother's maiden name is Weingerl, she was born out of wedlock,
      outside Vienna, in 1932. My grandmother took the name of my grandfather
      to her grave. Someone out there knows something.
      My mother was raised in part by my late grandmother, Valerie Leopoldina
      Weingerl Sack, my great-grandmother who's last name was Pail, and my
      great great aunt Theresa Tschoerch.
      Any info about the Weingerls and Pails would be appreciated as family
      feuds and the like between my late grandmother and the rest of her
      family have kept a great deal of information secret.
      I know there is one living sibling of my grandmother, Karl Weingerl,
      living in Salzburg, but have no other info.
      Anyone out there with info, please e-mail.
      I ahve traced my father's side of the family (German) back to the mid
      1700's and hope to do the same with my grandmother's side.
      Thanks, Danke, etc.!
    • R/S J. FLECK
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
        Sounds like you know how to trace a family history. When did your family
        migrate to the U.S.? Immigration records contain a lot of information.
        Also there are internet sources to get an address and phone number for
        your relative in Salzburg. Contact him, its amazing how helpful a distant
        relative can be.

        Good Luck

        Bob Bendl
      • Peter Batek
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
          there are many Weingerl living in Austria. Check out:
          http://www.etb.at/www/cgi-bin/ida_qry
          for addresses and phone #s. There's even two in Canada

          My mother's maiden name is Weingerl, she was born out of wedlock,
          outside Vienna, in 1932. My grandmother took the name of my grandfather
          to her grave. Someone out there knows something.
          My mother was raised in part by my late grandmother, Valerie Leopoldina
          Weingerl Sack, my great-grandmother who's last name was Pail, and my
          great great aunt Theresa Tschoerch.
          Any info about the Weingerls and Pails would be appreciated as family
          feuds and the like between my late grandmother and the rest of her
          family have kept a great deal of information secret.
          I know there is one living sibling of my grandmother, Karl Weingerl,
          living in Salzburg, but have no other info.
          Anyone out there with info, please e-mail.
          I ahve traced my father's side of the family (German) back to the mid
          1700's and hope to do the same with my grandmother's side.
          Thanks, Danke, etc.!

          Looking for the lowest refinance rate for your mortgage? GetSmart.com can
          help. We’ll help you find the loan you need quick, easy, and FREE click here
          at http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1286

          AUSTRIAN GENEALOGY - friends sharing resources - http://atgen.tsx.org

          -- Check out your eGroup's private Chat room
          -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=atgevol&m=1