Simsa/Schimscha

  • Madena
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2006
      I am so excited. Recently someone saw my post about my grandparents
      (Simsa/Schimscha). They very kindly looked at a web site in Vienna
      that lists burial location of many Vienna residence. He/she found my
      grandparents, and possibly, my greatgrandparents.
      I e-mailed the administrator of Ottakring Cemetery, he replied very
      quickly with additional info and sent a picture of the family grave.
      I now have more names to research with birth and death dates (if only
      I could speak/read German). With time and patience, I'm sure I will
      gather more information on my grandparents.
      Now, my questions: What are the burial customs of Vienna? From what I
      have gathered, many people are buried in the same location. The last
      e-mail I recieved from the administrator, list 10 names (I assuming in
      the same burial location).

      Thank you for your help,
      Dena
    • Joseph Mann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2006
        Re: [AtGeVol] Simsa/Schimscha Dena,
        Could you provide the URL of the website you mentioned below?  I’d love to be able to look up some relations I know lived in Vienna.

        Thanks,
        Joe

        --
        Joseph Mann