[AtGen] The day has come ... :-)

  • franz38@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 1999
      Dear friends of Austrian Genealogy!

      Welcome to our e-Group, a forum for people doing genealogy in Austria
      as it was or as it is today.

      One of the main aspects of this e-Group is not to copy or duplicate
      what is better left to others like the AustriaGenWeb or the Austria
      list, but to learn from these sources and bring topics, ideas and
      material forward for discussion to make it possible to improve our
      methods of research and to do beter genealogical work as a group while
      enjoing the interaction among us.

      Please use the resources of this new e-Group by posting suitable links,
      adding your name, area of search etc. to the database list, suggesting
      or creating other tools which we may require to make further progress
      possible, but most of all, make yourself right at home here among us
      and tell a few friends as well.

      The following is an exerpt of a recent issue of the Austrian list in
      digest form to which you are welcome to subscribe if you don't already.

      You can do so by sending an e-mail to austria-d-request@...
      with the single word SUBSCRIBE in the text area. The subject field can
      be left blank.

      Reading the list will help us greatly to look at various ways people do
      reasearch, some better than others, but all forming some sort of
      example for us to reflect on and to learn from ... since we are
      interested and willing to share ideas and experiences, lets have a good
      read and let the discussion begin ....

      Da Franzl von Jedlesee