Laucher Family of Mittersil and Salzburg Austria

  • mcook1966
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi,

      I am searching for information on the Laucher family from Austria.
      My G Grandfather was named Charles Laucher and he was born 29
      January 1888 in Salzburg, Austria (according to Soc Sec
      application). His father's name was Sebastian and I am not sure
      about the mother's name, it look like Gertsand (unknown maiden name).

      He married in Austria an Anna Stanger and had my grandmother Maria
      Aurellia Laucher, 8 May 1908. He then apparently left Austria
      (leaving my Grandmother) to go to the US. According to the 1910
      census he arrived in 1910. He lived the remainder of his life in
      the Pennsylvania area. He was a coalminer. He remarried in the US
      sometime after 1910. Had several children here.

      I am interested in any information about this family. Or where I
      should write to get information. I live in the United States, so it
      would have to be by mail.

      Thanks,

      Michelle