Re: vienna vital records

  • soborobo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004
      Hello People, hello Kathy,

      I,also, am interested in how to access and use the Viennese Archives.
      I would like to receive the birth certificates of aunts and uncles (I
      am not sure of all names) but I have 1896 as the most recent date. I
      suppose that this question should be straight forward.

      But in addition, I would like to have the marriage certificate of an
      aunt of mine. She was married in 1937 or 8 in Vienna. I have more
      information at home. How can I get this marriage certificate? Is not
      1937 a TOO RECENT date? What do I need to do to prove that I am a
      relative of hers?

      Thanks in advance for any information that you folks may reply.

      Please check out my German, Austrian, Czech, and Polish genealogical
      web site at the end of this reply.

      Happy hunting,

      --Ralph

      --- In AtGeVol@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Mallin <kmallin@u...> wrote:

      >... but I have no record of any marriage
      > in Vienna (my grandfather had meticulous records of his birth, work
      > history, emigration requests etc from Vienna so if there was a
      marriage
      > license he probably would have kept it). I am interested in
      finding out
      > how I would look for the birth record of this baby who was born in
      Vienna
      > in 1906 and died in Chicago in 1907 when she was slightly more than
      one
      > year old.
      =========
      Try my Genealogy site: http://www.sobek.org/, http://www2.sobek.org/