[AtGen] Re: response to Arthur Weingrill

  • hrafra@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 1999
      tpurpu-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atgevol/?start=28

      > I believe the town you mention might actually be Stryj (it has various
      > spellings depending on German, Polish, Ukrainian perspective). It is in the
      > 47th administrative district of Galicia.

      I don't think so. You can use one of the on-line maps we have listed right here in this e-Group under LINKS - Maps & Charts, like MapQuest or ExpediaMaps and you will find the town of Steyr, Obero"sterreich located just south of the city of Linz an der Donau in todays Austria as this map will show:

      http://www.expediamaps.com/results.asp?Place=Steyr%2C+Austria&MT=&CO=20&RS=CHECKED&Form=CF

      > www.olschinski.de
      > www.carpatho-rusyn.org
      > www.olschinski.de ***
      > www.familysearch.com

      Did you know that you can add these kinds of URL's to our LINK library?

      > Or, try searching for "Weingrill" in Altavista or Dogpile
      > (www.altavista.com). I like Altavista because it has translations from
      > German to English and maybe into Portugese and I like Dogpile because it
      > searches all the major search engines.
      [...]
      > One last tip, I have added a browser add-on called Alexa to my microsoft
      > internet explorer which I find very helpful. If you go to alexa.com and
      > download their product (free), it then displays a small blue bar across the
      > bottom of the browser which displays links to websites of similar topic to
      > the one currently displayed. I found many, many other relevant websites
      > this way.
      [...]
      > I hope something here is of use to you or others listening.

      I'm sure it is. Thanks for your active contripution, Tom. Again, please make sure that your posting e-mail address is the same as the one you listed when you joined this group. If it is not, please change it or your messages will not go through in the future!