Re: [AtGen] Translation

  • g1plautz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2000
      Phyliss, I looked at t10 and t27. I couldn't tell from t10 since the image
      was so small. When I looked at t27 I could tell right away the document was
      in Slovenian. Hvala means thanks. I have someone in the Washington DC area
      who translates for me. If you are interested in discussing terms email me at
      gplautz@....

      George J. Plautz Jr.
      Internet Lead and Webmaster of the Slovenian Genealogy Society
    • alf370@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2000
        Have you asked one of your local colleges? or try your local Family history
        center (Church of the Latter day Saints) some time the have ethnic genealogy
        groups Like German, Austrian, or what ever. Well, its not German and I think
        they speak German in Austria. Well, I hope this Helps.
        Laura Geyer
      • Walter Knapitsch
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2000
          Hello Phyllis

          I am certain that these papers are mainly written in Slovenian. Some
          words I also can make out to be German (Austrian) the language I speak.

          Although i cannot read a lot, because it is to small for my bad eyes
          and I have no possibility to enlarge the pictures I find some words
          (in German-Austrian) which I can read.
          Such as Milit€  ärpass or Feldkompagnie. These words signalize that they
          are written in military-documents.
          Laibach definately is Ljublijana, the nowadays capital of the
          Republic Slovenija.

          I cannot speak Slovenijan but have quite often been there, so I am
          quite shure that this language must be Slovenijan. What else should it be?
          In 1900 Slovenija was an Austrian province therefore one can find
          German words in the "Milit€  är-Pass"

          HTH

          kind regards
          Walter