Shadow Walkers

  • Ajay Talwar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2012
      Hello Friends,

      This friday 27th, I'd been to Khoj Live - an evening of live performance. The event was organised byt Khoj Artists Association, New Delhi. There were plenty of art performances, but here I'll talk about one.

      In one dark corner of the terrace there were 14 very low beds, almost touching the ground, were kept. The beds were demarkated with very subdued blue light, under the periphery of the beds, just so that people could see the outline of the beds. Lie down on the bed, look up and you were greeted with a beautiful clear evening, with Venus, Crescent Moon and Jupiter shining brightly along with several stars among the trees.

      Every bed had a headphone to listen to some stories. Stories of shadow walkers. You may also call these breed as umbraphiles, eclipse chasers .... With the headphones on you'd listen to people who have converted themselves to chasing the lunar shadow and how ... the celestial event has turned their lives into a chase, you'd listen to how mesmerising the grand natural event is .. and you'd listen and realise there are two kinds of people in the world, one who have been under the shadow of the Moon, and others. Other unfortunate people who have not.

      This was the live presentation by Rohini, member of AAA Delhi. She has been interviewing Eclipse Chasers since a long time, and her art presentation is something that you do not see or touch but listen and feel the excitement through the voices of eclipse chasers. Shadow Walkers !

      (I heard voices of GlennĀ  Schneider, Chris Delcourte, Xavier Jubier, Raj Shekhar, Sachin Bahmba, Vikrant Narang and even heard myself)

      Thanks Rohini, I enjoyed the presentation.

      Ajay Talwar