Big and small half moon

  • taralaya89
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2011
      This month we the first and last quarters coinciding with perigee and apogee. Therefore two pictures taken 15 days apart with the same camera settings will be a beautiful explanataion for perigee and apogee.
      see www.taralaya.org/skychart.htm
    • dfischer@astro.uni-bonn.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25, 2011
        > This month we the first and last quarters coinciding with perigee and
        > apogee. Therefore two pictures taken 15 days apart with the same camera
        > settings will be a beautiful explanataion for perigee and apogee.

        Mission accomplished! See http://twitpic.com/5vlx0z for a montage of
        pictures taken from Germany on the evening of July 8 (when the weather was
        fine) and today - when I had to take the picture at 9 a.m. in broad
        daylight because it had been cloudy for days. Thank you for the suggestion
        to do this fun demonstration experiment!

        Daniel
      • Ajay Talwar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2011
          Hi Daniel,

          .... and done with a simple compact camera !!!

          I wanted to do the same, but monsoon clouds did not allow. sigh.

          Ajay Talwar

          >________________________________

        • taralaya BASE
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25, 2011
            congratulations!I was not so lucky; it was a wash out here.
            Shylaja
            Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium

            Bangalore Association for Science Education

            Sri T. Chowdaiah Road, High Grounds

            Bangalore 560 001

            www.taralaya.org

            tel/fax 91-080-2226 6084