Fw: ASE,2010--15th jan

  • anupamnaskar@yahoo.co.in
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2010
      13th Jan,2010
      After a 6 month waiting I started from Kolkata Airport towards Chennai...........

      We 4 were going as a advance party.

      After Reaching Chennai caught a train at evening & reached Rameswaram at 14th morning.

      14th Jan,2010

      It was the time of pongal, the great festival of Tamilnadu,

      So many people were start Holy-Bath at the Sea at Pak Bay.
      The  Rameswaram temple whch is great for its long corridor is fully crowded
      We called a Zeep for visiting dhaniskodi for fixed our " Ovsevation ground".
      It's a thrilled journey from Rameswaram to Dhanuskodi.
      I can't descibe the beauty of dhanuskodi.

      15th Jan,2010

      Our next team reached rameswaram at early morning..

      We were total 10 person representing Kolkata Astronomy Centre.

      ** Our President Tara Bhattacharya ( Sr. Scientist & Prof Birla Planetarium);
      ** Another Scientist Amalendu Bhattacharya ( Ex Positional Astronomy & presently attahed with Birla Planeturim)
      ** Great Eclipse Chaser , Photographer, Eclipse related Stamp & coin Collector
         Mr.Debasish Bose
      ** Our General Secretary & my Friend-philosopher & guide Mr. Koustuv Choudhury
      ** Our member malyasree & her mother ( all time energetic in travelling), Sukladi, Preeetidi, Mr. Subhashis
      ** AND Me Anupam
      ** Without that our 2 zeep drivers who were  taken part as our local guide for 14th & 15th.

      15th Jan, 2010 ---- 10.30 am

      We reached at our Obsevation ground at Dhanuskodi.
      All members gave me thanks for this particular place.
      A peacefull sandy ground. Both side are captured by Blue water..... One side is pak bay & at another side is Mannar Sea........
      Total ground was look like a Picture postcard.
      There was no crowd for disturbing us.

      At 11 am the movie start & i start the photography.
      So long movie..........................

      Its a piculiar experience.

      So much difference from Annular............

      We enjoyed ...... enjoyed the all ...... ASE , Dhanuskodi all

      Filled the temperature dropping , brightness dropping....................but after we filled the "Energy" through which all movie is happenning.

      At last the millenium longest Annular Eclipse which i was  viewing  first time in my life, stopped as usually.....but give me the energy for next journey.

      Every Eclipse which i have obseved give a picuiliar change in my life.
      And this eclipse also gives some new for me.
      Lets see the change would be better or worse for me.

      Thanking you,
      Anupam Naskar
      KOLKATA ASTRONOMY CENTRE
       [Mob:9830968219]