Occultation of 45 Capricornii by Jupiter

  • rahul zota
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      On the early morning of 4th August at 4:15am, Jupiter began to hide a 6th magnitude star 45 Capricornii. The star reappeared at 6:04am in the strong light of dawn.

      On 3rd August at 11:00pm I observed Jupiter through my 25x100 binocular. I saw 5 satellites of Jupiter! Actually the star 45 Capricornii was masquerading as Jupiter's 5th satellite and was grouped with two Galilean moons at west side of Jupiter. I had no idea what would happen by whole night. This morning when I checked Starry Night Pro. in my shop, I found the star was eventually occulted by Jupiter this pre-dawn. I missed it!
      The star will remain as Jupiter's temporary 5th satellite for tonihgt (5th August).

      - Rahul Zota
      check my blog www.skygazersbhuj.blogspot.com for more..!