Smoke

  • allan_rahill
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2012
      Actually, there is a large smoke plume covering all Sakatchewan, southern Manitoba, Dakotas and moving toward the great lakes tonight and possibly over northeastern states on tuesday.
      Also there is already some thinner smoke or dust along an north-east southwest line over the lower Greatlakes. Those smoke or dust particles can be seen only with visible GOES imgaries with shallow sun light.
      They come from large forest fires over southeastern Russia.
      Of course, the transparency forecasts won`t be good over all those regions and the following nights for eastern U.S.,Ontario and Quebec.

      Allan Rahill
    • Attilla Danko
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2012
        Thanks Allan. I'll have to quote you when the complaints about transparency
        accuracy start rolling in. :)

        --
        attilla danko, danko@..., http://cleardarksky.com/csk