Re: any news about CMC forecasts or CSC rendition?

  • Attilla Danko
    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2004
      --- In AstronomyWeather@yahoogroups.com, Allan Rahill <

      > > I'm wondering if you will experience problems with the increased
      spatial
      > > resolution in the CMC images causing individual 1 hour CSC
      squares to be
      > > less representative.

      > Indeed, it will be a problem for a few Clear Sky Clocks.

      It's sometimes a problem now. A clock can display a long
      string of clear blocks when there is a bank of cloud very closeby
      moving in a paralell direction. A tiny error in the forecasted
      position of the cloud bank, or the lat/long of the clock, can
      mean difference between a long string of blue or a long string
      of white block. Only one is likely to be right.

      It's a problem unique to the way clear sky clocks show
      Allan's forecasts data.

      A solution the the problem is one of the 4 features I'm working
      on.

      -ad