Cute – but endangered – The Lions of Gir

  • Kamlesh Adhiya
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2012
      Dear Wildlife & Nature Lovers,

      I found an interesting article, so I thought I'd share!

      Cute – but endangered – The Lions of Gir

      By Uri Golman
      A small teak forest in India’s western state of Gujarat is home to some of the last wild Asiatic lions in this world. And yes, you read that right – lions.
      Not many people know about these lions and when I decided to go there to work on a personal project about endangered wildlife in India I was often asked if I wasn’t mistaken, and was thinking maybe about the better known Bengal tigers...

      For story in detail, please visit: http://girasiaticlion.blogspot.com/ -An English language blog.

      For news in Gujarati language, please visit: http://girasiaticliongujarati.blogspot.com/

      With Warm Regards,

      -Kamlesh Adhiya
      (Founder President)
      Asiatic Lion Protection Society

      Post Box No. 123, Head Post Office, RAJKOT-360001 Gujarat-INDIA.
      Contact Nos.: + 91 94 281 54 111,  +91 98 243 26 111

      Blog:
      English Language
      :
      http://girasiaticlion.blogspot.com/

      Gujarati Language:

      http://girasiaticliongujarati.blogspot.com/

      Email: kamlesh.asiaticlion@...
      Web Site: http://www.girforestguide.liveindia.biz (Under Construction)

      Until the Lion tells his story, tales of hunting will glorify the hunter.
      Conserve Nature For Future.

      The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure and is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. The sender totally disclaims, and will not accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or the consequences of any unauthorized use.
    • Kishore Kotecha
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2012
      06-12-2012
      Cute – but endangered – The Lions of Gir
      News Watch

      After having spent an amazing time in the vicinity of this incredible animal, I only hope that the right people will change their mind and give these lions a chance, so that we once again can see them roam freely as they should – Uri Golman