  • Bharat Jethva
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2011
      Dr. Bharat Jethva
      Wetlands International South Asia,
      New Delhi, India

      Respected Sir/Madam

       We are happy to announce that the 2011 edition of the Student

       Conference on Conservation Science-Bangalore will be held on 14-16

       September at the JN Tata Auditorium, Indian Institute of Science,

       Bangalore, India.

       Confirmed plenary speakers include Prof. Yvonne Sadovy (University of

       Hong Kong) and Prof. Andrew Balmford (University of Cambridge) and

       Prof. Rohan D'Souza (Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi).

       Last year, more that 300 student participants attended SCCS-Bangalore,

       at which 66 students presented talks and posters. The presentations

       were supplemented by workshops, discussions, and a session on Who's

       Who in Conservation.

       This year's programme is similar, and we invite your participation to

       present your work, represent your organisation in the Who's Who

       session, or to simply attend.

       Further details are at www.sccs-bng.org, but here are some important dates:

       Online abstract submission deadline: 15th July 2011

       Early registration (Indian Rupees 1000) deadline: 31st August 2011

       Spot registrations at the conference venue will cost INR 1500.

       We look forward to your participation, and to a productive conference

       in Bangalore.

       Please feel free to circulate this email to others you think it might interest.

       With best wishes,

       Bharath Sundaram

       Conference Administrator

       (w) http://www.sccs-bng.org

       (e) sccs@...

       Local organisers: ATREE | IISc | NCBS | NCF | NIAS | WCS-India

       SCCS-Bangalore is funded by ADM Capital Foundation