Re: [Asiatic_Lions] Siberian crane in Forest of Gujarat ! says an EIA

  • ankit shukla
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 16, 2009

      Ha ha ha. I m feeling like bursting with laugh.
      Nyways i dont have ideas on this issue as what can v do if info. is wrong.
      ALso schedule 1 rusty spotted cat found in girnar is not included in the list.
      Recently on 3rd June a reputed Ropeway company held a public hearing in Junagadh city of Saurashtra region in Gujarat. The comany's representatives, government officers, politicians and nunber of environemntalists were present in the public hearing. However, Mr.Mahesh Pandya who represents a reputed NGO "Paryavaran Mitra" had asked a specific question in written to the company as what would be the impacts of rpoeway prject on bird migration and do u have list of migratory birds of the project area ?

      In reply to this question the company answered in written, that they have a list of 20 migratory bird species which include Siberian Crane ( (Grus leucogeranus named as Siberian White Crane!) . This is availabe online for anyone to see at government's department- Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB's ) website.

      Enter now!

    • ankit shukla
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2009

[...]

        Click here.

      • ankit shukla
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 16, 2009

[...]

        • Dhaivat
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 17, 2009
            only one question comes to my mind..

            Does anyone really care?????

            Regards,
            Dhaivat Hathi.

            "Lets Protect What We enjoy"

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 17, 2009

              It is a good question but their are other migratory bird like Black ibis, Black-winged kite, Brahminy kite, Pheasant-tailed Jacana, Common greenshank, grey Francolin, imperial eagle, Indian pond heron, little tern, black-tailed godwit, comb duck, common crane, teal, dunlin, garganey, marsh harrier, northern pintail, shoveler, Eurasian pigeon, pale harrier, demoiselle crane, sanderling and darters. These are also some of the birds which will face the promblem like their their habitat will get erected . and they may get killed do u the machine which will run on the ropeway. The promblem can become a big issue.So they should again think over their plan !!!!

              .

            • Jaidev Dhadhal
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 18, 2009
                Hello All,
                Cannot we forward this thread of message to the Central Committee which will approve or reject the proposal of the ropeway project considering minuts and clearifications of the company?
                Regards,
                Jaidev.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 18, 2009
                  Dear Dhandhalsaheb,

                  Yes, I and Mhesh Pandya of Paryaran Mitra are meeting some time soon in two to theree days to discuss what to write to Central govt. In between I would request all of us who are concerned should send their point of views, lacunas in the report or hearing etc. so that we could compile all about it and forward it to Central Govt.

                  Best wishes
                  Bharat

                  On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM, sheel kotadia <sheel_kotadia@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                  It is a good question but their are other migratory bird like Black ibis, Black-winged kite, Brahminy kite, Pheasant-tailed Jacana, Common greenshank, grey Francolin, imperial eagle, Indian pond heron, little tern, black-tailed godwit, comb duck, common crane, teal, dunlin, garganey, marsh harrier, northern pintail, shoveler, Eurasian pigeon, pale harrier, demoiselle crane, sanderling and darters. These are also some of the birds which will face the promblem like their their habitat will get erected . and they may get killed do u the machine which will run on the ropeway. The promblem can become a big issue.So they should again think over their plan !!!!

                  .

                  ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on YAHOO! CRICKET