Re: [Asiatic_Lions] Lion cub falls into open well; Rescued

  • Jenae White
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2008
      we cant just be talking about it we need to do something now9(now)

      Kishore Kotecha <kotecha_kishore@...> wrote:
      23-1-2008
      Lion cub falls into open well; Rescued
      Divya Bhasker (Briefly translated from Gujarati)
      Yesterday a lion cub of 2 years of age, fell down in an open well. The open well was in firm land of farmer Ramesh Manubhai Jiyani on Dhari-Khambha road in Madhupur village near Dhari in Gir East. Farmer informed forest department and officers Dhami, Rathod, Bheda and others immediately started rescue operation. The cub was saved without injury using simple khatlo- and ropes. The animal was sent to animal care centre and was to released in wild as soon as its family pride was located.
      Together Lets Save Gir and Asiatic Lion
      Update provided by:
      Kishore Kotecha
      Wildlife Conservation Trust, Rajkot – Gujarat – India
      Ph: +91 98240 62062, Email: info@asiaticlion. org,

    • Edward Eugene Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2008
        This whole nightmare in India regarding the open wells
        is just waiting for film makers to produce an incredible
        television documentary on behalf of the Asiatic lions!
        What can we do to communicate this to American and
        British television producers?

        Getting the word and image out to the rest of world may
        help encourage support to protect these endangered lions.

        Edward
        Lion of Yelm