Leanne Baraban - Provides Baraban Family Information

  • Dave Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2006
      On 10/24/06 7:31 AM, "Leanne Baraban" <lbaraban@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      My name is Leanne M Baraban, family genealogist. We sent
      in our son's (Brian) DNA to research his surname, BARABAN. My
      husband, Steve and I are both microbiologists. Steve continued his
      studies and is presently a pharmacist. We live in the Kansas City
      area. Brian is a senior at the University of Kansas studying
      economists and psychology. He plans to attend graduate school.

      Regarding the BARABAN line--We heard the "tale" of the
      Jews fling the Spanish Inquisition in our family.

      The BARABAN line is Jewish; they emigrated in the early
      1800's from Zhitomir, Russia. They came into the U.S. via Galveston,
      Texas then to Kansas City. The surnames in the line are: BARABAN,
      KATZ, SHANE, MAIZEBERG and GARDINSKY. Wolf Beryl Baraban was a
      charter member of Tefares Israel Congregation in Kansas City.

      If anyone has Kansas City connections, I have the book
      `Gone But Not Forgotten, A History of the Burials in the Jewish
      Cemeteries of Kansas City, Missouri, by Anita Loeb'. I would be happy
      to do look-ups.

      Kindly,
      Leanne