You Are At the Top of Group 3

  • dshowardca
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 10, 2009
      Joel,

      You are now at the top of group 3 at Jewish Q. You have not had your SNPs tested buy you can see that the people above you and below you who have been tested do have the M378 marker and are Q1b.

      It is probably more than 99% likely that you too have the M378 marker as well.

      You are clearly one of us.

      Dave

      Hi Dave,

      > I continue to be fascinated with this material.
      >
      > I do not remember if I did the SNP test, can you find out for me.  I did the 67 marker test.
      >
      > Thanks for your help,
      >
      > Joel Marks
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Joel Marks
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 10, 2009
        Thanks!
        Do you recommend the deep clad
        test for $79?
        Joel

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 10, 2009, at 5:03 PM, "dshowardca" <dshoward@...> wrote:

        Joel,

        You are now at the top of group 3 at Jewish Q. You have not had your SNPs tested buy you can see that the people above you and below you who have been tested do have the M378 marker and are Q1b.

        It is probably more than 99% likely that you too have the M378 marker as well.

        You are clearly one of us.

        Dave

        Hi Dave,

        > I continue to be fascinated with this material.
        >
        > I do not remember if I did the SNP test, can you find out for me.  I did the 67 marker test.
        >
        > Thanks for your help,
        >
        > Joel Marks
        >

        > ____________ _________ _________ __

      • David Broudy
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 10, 2009

          On Sep 10, 2009, at 5:03 PM, dshowardca wrote:

          You are now at the top of group 3 at Jewish Q. You have not had your SNPs tested buy you can see that the people above you and below you who have been tested do have the M378 marker and are Q1b.

          Mr Marks is -1 removed in the 67-marker test from me and my closest match, but I am in your group 2. Confused.

          Oh, and being related to the Three Stooges is a big bucket of awesome. Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Bonk! Ooo, mice!
        • Joel Marks
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 10, 2009
            Hi David,
            My grandfather, Joseph Marks(Marquiles)
            was from Romania & loved horses. Came to
            Philadelphia with my grandmother who
             told me she was from Ukraine/black sea.
            Keep in touch
            Joel

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 10, 2009, at 7:45 PM, David Broudy <dbroudy@...> wrote:

            On Sep 10, 2009, at 5:03 PM, dshowardca wrote:

            You are now at the top of group 3 at Jewish Q. You have not had your SNPs tested buy you can see that the people above you and below you who have been tested do have the M378 marker and are Q1b.

            Mr Marks is -1 removed in the 67-marker test from me and my closest match, but I am in your group 2. Confused.

            Oh, and being related to the Three Stooges is a big bucket of awesome. Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Bonk! Ooo, mice!

          • Judy Graff-Fisher
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 10, 2009
              Cousin Dave, thanks for all the work!  Two questions, and you will probably pull your hair out at having to explain again, but:
              1.  Does the "N" designation at the beginning of the kit number signify that it came from the National Geographic Genographic project?
              2.  My father's FTDNA kit numbers (as I had him tested twice) are N27520 and N33585.  I don't see these on the chart, however.  Is it because further testing is needed?
              Thanks,
              Judy Graff Fisher

[...]

              If they are Q or indicated to be Q or Q1 I have looked at their historical backgrounds and they have no significant number of relatives who are Ashkenazi. These folks will have to have the SNP test to prove they are Q1b before I would move them to one of the first three ! groups.< br>

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
                  On Sep 10, 2009, at 7:52 PM, Joel Marks wrote:

                  Hi David,
                  My grandfather, Joseph Marks(Marquiles)
                  was from Romania & loved horses. Came to
                  Philadelphia with my grandmother who
                   told me she was from Ukraine/black sea.

                  Miy grandparents (paternal) came from eastern Poland -- Bialystok/Łodz area -- landed at Baltimore, settled in Louisville, then Detroit, and lastly Los Angeles. I only met them a few times that I remember as they were really old when I was a sprout.
                • Lloyd Friedman
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
                    Ok I give up. What is "top middle bottom" refer to?
                      I think it was the location on the map that shows where Q1b's lived.  I had problems with that one, too.  If you go to the website of David's Q page and start searching you can click onto the map and enlarge it.  Then one of the choices of seeing things is that.  The screen became totally enlarged with the map and that's when I was wondering how to get out.
                      Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 4:02 AM

                      Ok I give up. What is "top middle bottom" refer to?