Null Values for DYS425 in Y Haplogroup Q

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      Hello Everyone,

      Rachel has written a nice article about DYS425/ DYF371X for the new edition of JOGG. :-)

      As we all know our "Null" at DYS425 is caused by a recLOH event on marker DYF371X. They normal value for the group is 10c-10c-13c-15c or 10c-10c-13c-16c. Those who have a value of 12 at DYS425 usual have a value of 12t instead of one of the 10c values when they take the DYF371X test.

      Rebekah

      Rachel Rein

      Abstract

      An assessment of Y-STR haplotype records from Y Haplogroup Q shows that a null value at DYS425 is relevant in predicting subclade assignment even in the absence of SNP testing.  Specifically, every record classified as Q1a3 showed a value, almost always 12, on DYS425, while every record classified as Q1b showed a null value.