Scenario

  • adam_bratter
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2009
      Hello all

      I have a possible scenario/question on the Jewish Q Question:

      Is it possible that at some point in history, men of the Q Haplogroup conforming to the typical sequence we see in this forum, raped Ashkenazi Jewish women? Then we are simply the descendents of this scenario.

      Cossaks were known to pillage, kill and rape..
      Crusaders did the same..

      Just a thought.
    • Dave Howard
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2009
        Adam,

        I don't know if you are a fan of Sara Silverman on the Comedy Channel
        but she had an episode where she blamed her sister Laura's eyes Asian
        oval eyes. I don't know where the writers for the show got the idea,
        maybe from this discussion group????? But she blamed it on the
        Mongolians for have come into their ancestors' shtetl and raping and
        pillaging. She filed a lawsuit against Mongolia for damages. It was the
        premis of her episode that week.

        While force can always be an issue when it comes to sexual relationships
        it is difficult to speculate one way or another.

        As of right now the data appear to show that we are all realted to one
        man who lived about 900 years ago. There were strong prohibitions in
        Europe against the Jewish people intermarrying with anyone other than
        another Jew. Nevertheless, there were a few intermarriages every year
        (they estimate less than 0.5% every year up to about 100 years ago).

        The silk road came through the part of Europe where our ancestors lived.
        Perhaps one of the travellers along that route left an unwanted baby on
        the door step of a nice Jewish family and the baby was raised by that
        family as a son.

        Maybe instead of rape it was a wild night of forbidden passion
        experienced under a full moon in the springtime.

        I prefer to think of peaceful alternatives to the raping and pillaging.
        However, who am I to say!?

        Dave Howard

        --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, "adam_bratter" <adam_bratter@...>