Two Different Issues: (1) Khazars/Jewish Merger (2) Khazars Q DNA Source

  • Dave Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2008
      We are confusing two separate issues. One is whether there was a
      merger of Khazar and Jewish DNA in Northern Europe. The second is
      whether the Khazars were the source of our Q yDNA.

      With respect to the first question the answer appears to be yes.
      However, in the merger the DNA evidence shows that the Jewish DNA has
      dominated. (See some of the papers in Files.)

      It is disconcerting that antisemitic hate mongers use the term
      "Khazarin Jew" as a label that means Faux Israelite. (Do not do a
      Google search on Khazarian Jew if you want to remain calm and relaxed.
      Their hateful label would apply to all of us.)

      With respect to the second question, I would not bet much more than a
      few pennies that the Khazars were the source of our Haplogroup-Q yDNA.

      There were so many Haplogroup-Q men walking around Central Europe
      1,000 years ago. There is no need to limit the source to the Khazars.
      Take a look at the FamilyTreeDNA chart I have added as a photo.

      If we all test positive for M378 then there will be room for more
      speculation.