Sindhi and Hazara

    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
      Hi,

      The Sindhi and Hazara samples come from Sengupta 2006. I have placed the new YCC 2008 names after the percentages. If we are going to call Q1b Mongol because it is found in the Hazara then we would have to say the same thing of all these other Haplogroups.

      The Hazara are:
      n=22
      C3    (M217)             10 45.45% C3
      R1b2b (M073)              6 27.27% R1b1b1
      Q1    (M120)              1  4.55% Q1a1
      Q1a   (M378)              1  4.55% Q1b
      I1c2  (M170\223\379)      1  4.55% I2b2
      J2a   (M410)              1  4.55% J2a
      O3    (M122)              2  9.09% O3

      The Sindhi are:
      n= 21
      J1   (M267)   1  4.76% J1
      J2a  (M410)   4 19.05% J2a
      J2b2 (M241)   2  9.52% J2b2
      L3   (M357)   1  4.76% L3
      Q1a  (M378)   1  4.76% Q1b
      R1a1 (M017)  11 52.38% R1a1
      R2   (M124)   1  4.76% R2

      With the exceptions of having L3, with a noticeably low level of J1, and an absence of R1b the Sindhi do resemble the Haplogroups of an Ashkenazic group. I will have to compare haplotypes. Perhaps this is flow along the silk road.

      Sadly, with this small sample, we can not make diversity comparisons.

    • KRUPA
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
        Rebekah,

        We will call Q1b Mongol, because whole Q is Mongol.But it is
        interesting that this peoples are considered to be originaly
        from Mongolia. Presence of Q, O and C confirms this.
        Other comes "by the way". The Silk Road of course.
        That is my point from very beginning (that is why I am saying
        "recent" Asiatic origin, Khazaria was on one end of this way).
        And it is very interesting emerging similarities with Hazara,
        Sindhi and Ashkenazi (percentage of Q's) and presence of Q1b in
        particular.
        If we say similarities between possible K-Hazars, Hazara and
        Sindhi sounds more normal, isnt it?

        I have Q1b in exact matches list,as well in further mutations. I
        see Q1b in others lists as well.

        Rebekah, I just want to say that now we have more and more clear
        and elaborated picture about path of our ancestors and who they
        was.
        Nothing is final, naturally!

        Your weight is on biological side (and You contribution and
        knowledge is huge!), my perhaps on comparison of facts,
        particulary historic and personals.

        Alfred

        Citiram Rebekah Canada <rebekahthorn@...>:

        > Hi,
        >
        > The Sindhi and Hazara samples come from Sengupta 2006. I have placed the new
        > YCC 2008 <http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/2008-HaploChart_GR_lores.pdf>names
        > after the percentages. If we are going to call Q1b Mongol because it
        > is found in the Hazara then we would have to say the same thing of all these
        > other Haplogroups.
        >
        > The Hazara are:
        > n=22
        > C3 (M217) 10 45.45% C3
        > R1b2b (M073) 6 27.27% R1b1b1
        > Q1 (M120) 1 4.55% Q1a1
        > Q1a (M378) 1 4.55% Q1b
        > I1c2 (M170\223\379) 1 4.55% I2b2
        > J2a (M410) 1 4.55% J2a
        > O3 (M122) 2 9.09% O3
        >
        > The Sindhi are:
        > n= 21
        > J1 (M267) 1 4.76% J1
        > J2a (M410) 4 19.05% J2a
        > J2b2 (M241) 2 9.52% J2b2
        > L3 (M357) 1 4.76% L3
        > Q1a (M378) 1 4.76% Q1b
        > R1a1 (M017) 11 52.38% R1a1
        > R2 (M124) 1 4.76% R2
        >
        > With the exceptions of having L3, with a noticeably low level of J1, and an
        > absence of R1b the Sindhi do resemble the Haplogroups of an Ashkenazic
        > group. I will have to compare haplotypes. Perhaps this is flow along the
        > silk road.
        >
        > Sadly, with this small sample, we can not make diversity comparisons.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Rebekah

        ---------------------- T - C o m - - W e b m a i l ----------------------
        Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
        Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!
        http://shopping.tportal.hr
      • Alessandro Felice Biondo
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
          Alfred,

          I think that if you define Ashkenazi Q as of "mongolian" origin, we
          need also to explain why other mongolic haplogroups (notably the
          typical mongolian C/C3, that is well represented in the Hazata people
          and in other central asian populations) are not present in today's
          Ashkenazi gene pool; moreover in general in Europe we lack totally the
          C/C3 haplogroup, but we have Q ("our" Q). For example in Europe we
          have populations with a proved gene influx from Central-East Asia and
          in particular from Siberia (the Finns and the Magyars), and these
          populations have the mark of their origin in the Y chromosome that
          show the N haplogroup. Maybe it is significant that we have no
          Remarkable presence of Q ("our" Q) in these european population
          (excluding Hungarian Ashkenazi, as showed by Dr. Behar in his papers),
          even if in Siberia N and Q are living side by side.

          Alessandro.

          --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, KRUPA <mladen.krupa@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > J2a (M410) 4 19.05% J2a
          > > J2b2 (M241) 2 9.52% J2b2
          > > L3 (M357) 1 4.76% L3
          > > Q1a (M378) 1 4.76% Q1b
          > > R1a1 (M017) 11 52.38% R1a1
          > > R2 (M124) 1 4.76% R2
          > >
          > > With the exceptions of having L3, with a noticeably low level of
          J1, and an
          > > absence of R1b the Sindhi do resemble the Haplogroups of an Ashkenazic
          > > group. I will have to compare haplotypes. Perhaps this is flow
          along the
          > > silk road.
          > >
          > > Sadly, with this small sample, we can not make diversity comparisons.
          > >

          > > Regards,
          > > Rebekah
          > >

          > ---------------------- T - C o m - - W e b m a i l
          ----------------------
          > Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
          > Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!

        • KRUPA
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
            Allesandro,

            Simple is that to explain if we know history of Khazars.
            They were part of early Turkic tribes who lived separately from
            others /Hungars and Finnish are completely different story,
            geneticaly and historicaly/, but under Chinese domination in
            first half of 1st millenium.

            In particular that confirms reports of Ashina Clan as people
            ,some sub-tribe, who emerged on south side of Altay (we know
            even microlocation-today it falls in borders of Turkestan of
            China). As considered to be sacred and semi-divine, special
            heavenly mandated caste, they didn't mixed too much with others
            /today in Mongolia we have 4% of Q/.

            When I say others- in first place I have in mind Chinese
            population and Mongolians (as we know them today). They are main
            carriers of C and O.
            Later history proves Mongols as deadly enemies of Khazars.

            Ashina moved to Khazaria in mid 7th century, trough the Silk
            Road.
            In Uzbekistan in Turkmenistan /Silk Road route/ we have
            relatively largest number of individuals with Q mutation /up to
            15% of total population/.

            And again, statues and wall drawings, of Ashina (rulers of
            Khazars and Gokturks earlier) shows only Mongolic features.

            We are the only haplogroup within Mongolic race founded in
            Ashkenazi (with possible origin in Khazaria).

            It will be much complicated that we have C and O in Ashkenazi
            genetic pool.
            But there is not any.

            So in that time they was Chinese, Mongolians and Turks /with
            manly "White"-European characteristics ,and Mongolic-Oriental in
            smaller percentage/..
            Different cultures.

            Hazara people and Khazars (particulary Ashina) are not the same
            people.
            Different history, different religious and cultural paths,
            different circumstances, but most probably similar original
            location and at least part of time schedule.

            Alfred

            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
              Allesandro,

              A full beauty lies in a fact there in Europe there is no other
              haplogroups of North Asiatic-Mongolic type (in fact there is
              some, but in too small percentage to conclude anything), except
              us (+some other small pockets)!

              Khazars was acknowledged of people of Turko-Mongolic stock.

              Rulers of Khazars was of Mongolic type.

              We didn't explain all as You want to point. That is a fact, but
              we have good direction where to look for final answer!

              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                Alessandro,

                It is true that C/C3 and N are not found in ether Ashkenazic or
                Sephardic populations. C is sometimes found in very low frequencies in
                non-Jewish European populations. It is maybe a fraction of a percent.
                N is found in the Scandinavian region and also in much lower amounts
                in the rest of Europe. Here is a map from ySearch.
                http://www.ysearch.org/haplomap_europe.asp?haplo=,N

                We know C/C3 to be mostly of the peoples from China. In papers about
                China it is common. It is far then to say that maybe the Hazara got
                their C from the Mongol hoards. I agree that any group that traces
                their ancestry to Mongolia in the last 5,000 years should have some C.

                All of the other Haplogroups can be found though in the Balkans and
                the Levant. These make think of Macedonia and the Great Alexander. :-)

                Now I have a question that perhaps someone in the group can answer.
                When the Russians "evacuated" the Jewish populations from Latvia c.
                1915, where were they sent?

                Rebekah
              • KRUPA
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                  Rebekah,

                  You said;
                  "We know C/C3 to be mostly of the peoples from China. In papers
                  about China it is common. It is far then to say that maybe the
                  Hazara got their C from the Mongol hoards. I agree that any
                  group that traces their ancestry to Mongolia in the last 5,000
                  years should have some C."

                  Questions;
                  1. You think that it is far then to say that maybe Hazara got
                  their C from the Mongol hoards.
                  That if fine with me.
                  But You don't think that it is far then to say that maybe Hazara
                  got their Q from the Mongol hoards, as well?
                  Or You do?

                  2. You agree that any group that traces their ancestry to
                  Mongolia in the last 5,000 years should have some C.
                  How many C we can find in Turkey?
                  Turkic peoples definitely trace origin in Mongolia in last 1500
                  years. Historic fact.
                  Do we have Q in Turkey? Perhaps in Anatolia?

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                    Yes. There are many different types of Q in Anatolia. I think that
                    Dave placed a paper about Anatolia in the files.

                    ..

                    --
                    Peace and Light,
                    Rebekah
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008

                      Rebekah,

                       When one looks at the detailed numbers, “if they are available in depth”, do they point to the central Asia/Siberian regions in reverse mutations? Or are we simply using higher % of population & calling it founder/origin.

                       My continual question is did Q survive in these remote areas because they missed invasions & disease? When one looks at Q in the Americas it was surly prolific until the introduction of European disease & war. When one considers the 100% Q in the Americas & the +/- 4% in the rest of the “tested” world, one has to consider democide in corruption of analysis.

                      http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

                       The Mr. Lee DNA of Scandinavia is the only ancient Q DNA I see in Y-Search; the rest is a 400 – 600 year separation to my numbers. With Q & R starting about the same time, one has to consider why Q is a lesser %.

                      Bob the generalist.

                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                        Alfred,

                        You said:

                        > How many C we can find in Turkey?
                        > Do we have Q in Turkey? Perhaps in Anatolia?

                        the answer is in Cinnioglu: Excavating Y-chromosome haplotype strata
                        in Anatolia. On a total of 523 samples there are:

                        C*-M216 2 samples
                        C3-M217 5 samples
                        N*-M233 15 samples
                        N3a-M178 5 samples
                        O3-M122 1 sample
                        Q*-M242 9 samples
                        Q2-MM25 1 sample

                        The 9 samples with Q*-M242 exhibit a high haplotype diversity: 1
                        sample (number 338) is identical to "our" Q, other 3 are almost equal
                        to us, other 5 (6 including the Q2-M25) are quite far from us. Again
                        what is interesting in Turkey is the presence of:
                        - high haplotype diversity of the Q's;
                        - some presence of haplogroups from East and North Asia: 20 N (M233
                        and M178) the double of Q*; 7 C (M216 and M217) almost the same
                        numbers of Q, 1 O of difficult interpretation.

                        Alessandro.

                        --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, KRUPA <mladen.krupa@...> wrote:

                        > Rebekah,
                        >
                        > You said;
                        > "We know C/C3 to be mostly of the peoples from China. In papers
                        > about China it is common. It is far then to say that maybe the
                        > Hazara got their C from the Mongol hoards. I agree that any
                        > group that traces their ancestry to Mongolia in the last 5,000
                        > years should have some C."
                        >
                        > Questions;
                        > 1. You think that it is far then to say that maybe Hazara got
                        > their C from the Mongol hoards.
                        > That if fine with me.
                        > But You don't think that it is far then to say that maybe Hazara
                        > got their Q from the Mongol hoards, as well?
                        > Or You do?
                        >
                        > 2. You agree that any group that traces their ancestry to
                        > Mongolia in the last 5,000 years should have some C.
                        > How many C we can find in Turkey?
                        > Turkic peoples definitely trace origin in Mongolia in last 1500
                        > years. Historic fact.
                        > Do we have Q in Turkey? Perhaps in Anatolia?
                        >

                        > Alfred
                        > ---------------------- T - C o m - - W e b m a i l
                        ----------------------
                        > Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
                        > Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!
                        > http://shopping.tportal.hr

                      • KRUPA
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                          Allesandro,

                          Isn't it interesting?
                          This diversity of the Asiatic haplogroups just confirms history
                          of this people of Turkic stock, and historically recorded
                          Central/North Asiatic origin.
                          Khazars was also people of Turkic stock(first as part of GokTurk
                          Khaganate and later as indenpendent state), but it really
                          appears that only ruling class converted to Judaism.
                          It should be noted (as we see) that it can be expected that
                          current Turkey inherited more reacher heritage then Khazaria.
                          Turkey is final stage of several earlier Turkic empires,
                          therefore this more richer genetic legacy in modern Turkey.
                          Modern Turkey is also based on territory of earlier Eastern
                          Roman Empire (Byzantinum).
                          Khazaria was stable state with organised religion, law system and
                          military force, while those kingdoms emerged and collapsed.
                          Ashina was first and founding Dynasty of Turks, remained in
                          Khazaria.
                          Other Dynasties followed.

                          Alfred

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008

                            Alfred,
                            You are classified as Q1b.  We are Q1.  How did you get the b?  How is that different?  I'm just going for an upgrade from 25 to 37 markers now and am curious.  My grandfather was from "Russia", born about 1872, and was Jewish.

                            Citiram Rebekah Canada <rebekahthorn@ gmail.com>:

                            > Hi,
                            >
                            > The Sindhi and Hazara samples come from Sengupta 2006. I have placed the new
                            > YCC 2008 <http://www.familytr eedna.com/ pdf/2008- HaploChart_ GR_lores. pdf>names
                            > after the percentages. If we are going to call Q1b Mongol because it
                            > is found in the Hazara then we would have to say the same thing of all these
                            > other Haplogroups.
                            >
                            > The Hazara are:
                            > n=22
                            > C3 (M217) 10 45.45% C3
                            > R1b2b (M073) 6 27.27% R1b1b1
                            > Q1 (M120) 1 4.55% Q1a1
                            > Q1a (M378) 1 4.55% Q1b
                            > I1c2 (M170\223\379) 1 4.55% I2b2
                            > J2a (M410) 1 4.55% J2a
                            > O3 (M122) 2 9.09% O3
                            >
                            > The Sindhi are:
                            > n= 21
                            > J1 (M267) 1 4.76% J1
                            > J2a (M410) 4 19.05% J2a
                            > J2b2 (M241) 2 9.52% J2b2
                            > L3 (M357) 1 4.76% L3
                            > Q1a (M378) 1 4.76% Q1b
                            > R1a1 (M017) 11 52.38% R1a1
                            > R2 (M124) 1 4.76% R2
                            >
                            > With the exceptions of having L3, with a noticeably low level of J1, and an
                            > absence of R1b the Sindhi do resemble the Haplogroups of an Ashkenazic
                            > group. I will have to compare haplotypes. Perhaps this is flow along the
                            > silk road.
                            >
                            > Sadly, with this small sample, we can not make diversity comparisons.
                            >

                            > Regards,
                            > Rebekah

                            ------------ --------- - T - C o m - - W e b m a i l ------------ --------- -
                            Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
                            Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!
                            http://shopping. tportal.hr

                          • Alessandro Biondo
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                              Alfred,

                              what I see it is exactly the contrary:

                              - as you write, all the time we have a well documented gene influx
                              from Central and Northern Asia and Mongolia, like the Turkish invasion
                              of Anatolia (but the same is true for the Former Sovietic Central
                              Asias republics, for the Kalmyks in the Caucasus, for the Hazaras, and
                              so on), we have also at least one fraction of the wealth of
                              haplogroups you can find in those geographical area, not only one. And
                              in the Ashkenazi people this wealthness of asiatic haplogroup doesn't
                              exist.
                              - to affirm that ONLY the Khazarian ruling class, and ALL the
                              Khazarian ruling class, converted to Judaism, maybe it is true, even
                              if these two are two strongly demanding and tight conditions, put
                              together. But to affirm also that the ruling class was only Q, and
                              that all the Q were in the ruling class (and that the others than the
                              rulers were all different than Q), is far from any, proven historical
                              fact: for what it is known about archaelogy, history and genetic, in
                              the history we never had such a genetic "purity", not even at the dawn
                              of the humanity. And the habits of the nomadic people of the steppe,
                              that were always genetically mixed (as demonstrated by the genetic
                              evidence, even of the tested human remains in ancient burials), and
                              where the strongest was the ruler (and the strongest may belong to any
                              haplogroup, he has simply to be the strongest), offer no support to
                              this "genetic purity". The evidence from other Turkic-Mongolic people
                              for sure does not support this "genetic purity" of any class, rulers
                              or commoners, among them.

                            • Alessandro Biondo
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 18, 2008
                                Alfred,

                                no needs to use capital letters or dry words. If something is
                                misunderstood, it happen sometimes, we need only to explain again our
                                thought, in the interest of the group.
                                I understand very well your thought, but it is also true that all the
                                data we actually know about every population with a proven Turkic-
                                Mongolic genetic influence (for example Turkish, central asian Turks,
                                Kalmyks, Hazaras, but also centuries old mummies from Central and
                                North Asia) are talking us of a bunch of haplogroups not present
                                today in the Ashkenazi and European gene-pool. This is exactly what
                                the known data told us. That's exactly what I tried to comment.

                              • KRUPA
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 19, 2008
                                  Rebekah,

                                  How many Q1b we can find in Europe?
                                  And in other places (except Hazara and Sindhi)?

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 19, 2008
                                    Hi,

                                    That is the only study that has tested for M378. Our friend Alessandro
                                    has tested positive. He is from Sicily. Once more people at FTDNA test
                                    we be more sure of the STR marker values. There are other Qs in Europe
                                    but I think that they will be branches of Q1a.

                                    Rebekah

                                    2008/6/19 KRUPA <mladen.krupa@ka.t-com.hr>:
                                    > Rebekah,
                                    >
                                    > How many Q1b we can find in Europe?
                                    > And in other places (except Hazara and Sindhi)?
                                    >
                                    > Alfred
                                  • Bob Vick
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 19, 2008

                                      Rebekah,

                                       My cousin James Larry Vick tested Q1b, I think at M378 so all American Vicks will be Q1b.

                                       Are you saying Alessandro is Q1b, and that is the only one in this group tested?

                                       If you are wondering what a Viking Vick is doing on this board. I still see a gap in DNA data that does not exclude the possibility of a later day migration to escape the plagues of Europe . The genetic gap in Mr Lee’s Q in Sweden & the rest of the Norse Q people is just too great to call him the Siberian founder of all Norse source DNA. My Y search matches show the same genetic distance to Norway & Lithuania matches & a 2k to Mr Lee. As you know us Vick’s have an odd selection of markers with no near matches except our family group.

                                      Bob

                                      That is the only study that has tested for M378. Our friend Alessandro
                                      has tested positive. He is from Sicily . Once more people at FTDNA test
                                      we be more sure of the STR marker values. There are other Qs in Europe
                                      but I think that they will be branches of Q1a.

                                      Rebekah

                                      2008/6/19 KRUPA <mladen.krupa@ ka.t-com. hr>:

                                      > Rebekah,
                                      >
                                      > How many Q1b we can find in Europe ?
                                      > And in other places (except Hazara and Sindhi)?
                                      >
                                      > Alfred

                                    • Alessandro Biondo
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 19, 2008
                                        Bob

                                        I am a reader of DNA Forums and of RootsWeb GENEALOGY DNA, so I
                                        already knew of James Larry Vick and of his results, because he was
                                        so helpful to publish here his result (I hope he is the same person).
                                        I know that now he decided also to test with 23andme and to share his
                                        Y-DNA result with the community of the genetic genealogist allowing
                                        Ann Turner to publish his result in her excel file: maybe compare the
                                        23andme result of a Q with our distant cousins R1 will be useful to
                                        better ubderstand what are the mutations shared between Q and R1 and
                                        what mutations are Q specific. What it is also interesting is that I
                                        see some Vick on the Q project web site administred by Rebekah, and
                                        all they are in the group 1 of the classification of Rebekah: so
                                        maybe Q1b-M378 is not specific to one group, but is shared among
                                        different groups (for group here I mean the group based on the
                                        Rebekah classification, not ethnical or geographical groups). If this
                                        is true, in M378 we have a quite ancient SNP (more than 2000 years),
                                        not useful to fix our more recent roots, but useful only to see a
                                        route of our ancestors. In effect from all the data I get about Q in
                                        Scandinavia (the Karlsonn paper's Y-chromosome diversity in Sweden,
                                        the data on yhrd, the data of the Scandinavian DNA project of FTDNA
                                        (administred by Rebekah) I see that the typical haplotype is far from
                                        mine of 2000-3000 years: much less than others Q, but not so recent
                                        as the common ancestor of just the group 3. Obviously these are
                                        thoughts that can be confirmed or totally rejected when
                                        representatives of the different type of Q (based on the haplotype,
                                        the STRs) will have their deep clade test. I hope many Qs of the
                                        different type will accept to have this deep clade test because it
                                        will be the first step toward a better understaing of our
                                        similarities and difference.

                                        Alessandro.

                                        Q@yahoogroups.com] On
                                        > Behalf Of Rebekah Canada
                                        > Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:23 AM
                                        > To: Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com
                                        > Subject: Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] Re: Sindhi and Hazara
                                        >

                                        > Hi,
                                        >
                                        > That is the only study that has tested for M378. Our friend
                                        Alessandro
                                        > has tested positive. He is from Sicily. Once more people at FTDNA
                                        test
                                        > we be more sure of the STR marker values. There are other Qs in
                                        Europe
                                        > but I think that they will be branches of Q1a.
                                        >
                                        > Rebekah
                                        >
                                        > 2008/6/19 KRUPA <mladen.krupa@ <mailto:mladen.krupa%40ka.t-com.hr>
                                        > ka.t-com.hr>:
                                        > > Rebekah,
                                        > >
                                        > > How many Q1b we can find in Europe?
                                        > > And in other places (except Hazara and Sindhi)?
                                        > >
                                        > > Alfred

                                      • Alessandro Biondo
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 19, 2008
                                          Just to add that if the Q1b-M378 is shared between the groups 1 and 3
                                          of the Rebekah classification, maybe we found the western SNP of Q,
                                          because all the other SNP are only in Central and East Asia (and
                                          America). Maybe this fact has some relevance. But these are pure
                                          speculations if we don't have many Qs with their deep clade test:
                                          it's only a thought that was born when I observed that two person
                                          tested positive to M378 have different haplotype.

                                          Alessandro.

                                          --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, "Alessandro Biondo"
                                          <alefbiondo@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                          > group
                                          > > tested?
                                          > >

                                          > > If you are wondering what a Viking Vick is doing on this board.
                                          > still see
                                          > > a gap in DNA data that does not exclude the possibility of a
                                          later
                                          > day
                                          > > migration to escape the plagues of Europe. The genetic gap in Mr
                                          > Lee's Q in
                                          > > Sweden & the rest of the Norse Q people is just too great to call
                                          > him the
                                          > > Siberian founder of all Norse source DNA. My Y search matches
                                          show
                                          > the same
                                          > > genetic distance to Norway & Lithuania matches & a 2k to Mr Lee.
                                          As
                                          > you know
                                          > > us Vick's have an odd selection of markers with no near matches

                                        • Bob Vick
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 19, 2008

                                            Alessandro,

                                             Yes it is the same James Larry Vick; I will meet him tomorrow with another 100 Vick’s at a family reunion. It will be an interesting journey into the effects of Mt & Y mixes in appearances of Q1b Vicks.

                                             Our line came to America in 1650 by Joseph Vick. We match none of the English or German Vick’s tested so far. We do show some near matches on 6 markers in Norway , however prior to 1650 many Europeans escaped north to avoid plagues & religious persecution. In my research it seems the genetic connections have a gap in genetic distance from 400 – 600 years back to the 2000 years back you mentioned.

                                             There are a few of us Vick’s that “feel” a Jewish connection; the science does not point there yet. But we know that many early American immigrants just simulated into the culture, societies & religions around them. There are a group of early American immigrants that all have that Q1b, yet show no close Vick connection. That fact makes me believe they all followed a long similar migration pattern, maybe from the same roots as the Ashkenazi Q.

                                             I like your idea on western Q1b; it makes more sense than walking the Siberian ice. Yet I cannot ignore the similarities in horse DNA from Siberia & the Norwegian horses. Maybe there were two migrations of Q, one from the east & one from the south & we know the American Indian Q’s migrated yet another way. I do not know if you have read about similar American Indian & Jewish customs recorded in early America . Some appear to be hoaxes, yet some seem to have some validity. I don’t think anyone ever figured out the 10 Commandments written in ancient Hebrew found in the American West.

                                             http://www.econ.ohio-state.edu/jhm/arch/loslunas.html

                                             http://www.hope-of-israel.org/hebinusa.htm

                                            Cheers, Bob Vick

                                            <alefbiondo@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
                                            > > tested?
                                            > >

                                            > > If you are wondering what a Viking Vick is doing on this board.
                                            > still see
                                            > > a gap in DNA data that does not exclude the possibility of a
                                            later
                                            > day
                                            > > migration to escape the plagues of Europe .
                                            The genetic gap in Mr
                                            > Lee's Q in
                                            > > Sweden
                                            & the rest of the Norse Q people is just too great to call
                                            > him the
                                            > > Siberian founder of all Norse source DNA. My Y search matches
                                            show
                                            > the same
                                            > > genetic distance to Norway
                                            & Lithuania matches & a 2k to Mr Lee.
                                            As
                                            > you know
                                            > > us Vick's have an odd selection of markers with no near matches

                                            w:st="on">Sicily . Once more people at FTDNA
                                            > test
                                            > > we be more sure of the STR marker values. There are other Qs in
                                            > Europe
                                            > > but I think that they will be branches of Q1a.
                                            > >
                                            > > Rebekah
                                            > >
                                            > > 2008/6/19 KRUPA <mladen.krupa@ <mailto:mladen. krupa%40ka. t-com.hr>
                                            > > ka.t-com.hr> :
                                            > > > Rebekah,
                                            > > >
                                            > > > How many Q1b we can find in Europe ?
                                            > > > And in other places (except Hazara and Sindhi)?
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Alfred

                                          • Alessandro Biondo
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                              Bob,

                                              excuse me, about the 2000-3000 years I was not enough clear: when I
                                              talk about 2000-3000 years I mean my TMRCA from the typical Swedish Q
                                              haplotype, as found in the Scandianavian Y project administred by
                                              Rebekah, and in the Q groups 1 and 2 of the Q project, and in the Q
                                              YDNA found in the Karlsson paper's: Y-chromosome diversity in Sweden.
                                              All the haplotypes I found in these works, if analyzed through the
                                              mymcgee web site, give me an estimate of 2000-3000 years for the
                                              common ancestor between me (I am in the group 3 of Rebekah) and the
                                              modal of each of these groups: the years differs according the values
                                              I used for the mutation rate and for the years/generations. As for
                                              reference, using the same values, when I compare myself to the modal
                                              of the group 3 (my group), I have an estimate of 600-1000 years from
                                              the modal.

                                              I hope this can help.

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                Alessandro,

                                                How many markers are you using with the mymcgee web site?

                                              • Alessandro Biondo
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                  Rebekah,

                                                  for the 2 ftdna project you lead, I used all the markers available for
                                                  all the members (very easy task to download them in excel, and from
                                                  here upload to mymcgee), for the Karlsson paper the 9 STR published are:
                                                  DYS393 DYS390 DYS19 DYS391 DYS385a DYS385b DYS389I DYS392 DYS389II.

                                                  In the mymcgee I used both the Ftdna and the McDonald as Mutation
                                                  rate, and I used 25 years as years/generation.

                                                  I compared myself to the modal of other groups, but I did not make
                                                  comparisons between the groups.

                                                  Regards.

                                                  --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, "Rebekah Canada"

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                    Alessandro,

                                                    Yes, I have used mymcgee.:-) I ask because I believe that the 9 and 12
                                                    marker sets underestimate the common ancestor calculation. For group
                                                    3/4 things may be very off as often only those who have exact matches
                                                    upgrade to more markers. So it is "close' cousins who are testing and
                                                    shifting the results.

                                                  • Alessandro Biondo
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                      Rebekah,

                                                      I agree with you that mymcgee it is not a perfect tool, and moreover
                                                      that a big problem we face it is the quantity and quality of the
                                                      statistical samples, both for the number of markers tested and for
                                                      the number of samples (that it is the most important factor to impact
                                                      on the way the modal is build). I also observed that if I use few
                                                      markers I am less distant than if I use more markers. For these
                                                      reasons I give no absolute value to the number of years I can estimate
                                                      with it: anway it can give us some useful indications, even if it is
                                                      important to clarify that it is necessary to use these results with
                                                      caution, without losing the general frame and the question of the
                                                      quality and quantity of the samples to be compare.

                                                      A more complete result from my research (with Ftdna as mutation rate,
                                                      and 25 years as years/generation)comparing the individual samples is:
                                                      Scandinavian Q_YDNA: from 1475 to 2450 years, the 6 67 marker samples
                                                      are at 1725/2250 years
                                                      Group 1: from 1475 to 3025 years, the 8 67 marker samples are at
                                                      2075-2450 years
                                                      Group 2: from 1475 to 3025 years, the 7 67 markers are at 1725-2075 years

                                                      It is only an example, and I repeat, no absolute meaning to these
                                                      data, but maybe, as I hope, some useful information. With all the
                                                      comparision we can do, and with all the needed cautions, maybe if I
                                                      think of a distance from me and the members of Swedish-group1-group2
                                                      members a bit more than double (a bit less than triple) than the
                                                      distance that divide me from the other members of the group 3 (for
                                                      which a TMRCA of approx 1000 years seems to be prevaling), I am
                                                      thinking a not so unlikely fact.
                                                      For sure it will be a much more interesting thing to discover if
                                                      really we (the group 1/2 and 3/4) share the same M378 mutation of the
                                                      Swedish-group1-group2 group, and this mutation maybe split all of us
                                                      from the prevaling Asian subclades. But this is only a hazardous and
                                                      untimely suggestion until many Q of different branches will have their
                                                      deep clade test done.

                                                      Regards.

                                                      Alessandro.

                                                      <rebekahthorn@...> wrote:

                                                      > Alessandro,
                                                      >
                                                      > Yes, I have used mymcgee.:-) I ask because I believe that the 9 and 12
                                                      > marker sets underestimate the common ancestor calculation. For group
                                                      > 3/4 things may be very off as often only those who have exact matches
                                                      > upgrade to more markers. So it is "close' cousins who are testing and
                                                      > shifting the results.
                                                      >
                                                      > Regards,
                                                      > Rebekah

                                                    • Alessandro Biondo
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                        Rebekah and all,

                                                        excuse me: when I was reading my previous post I observed a possible
                                                        source of misunderstanding. Concerning the following:

                                                        >Scandinavian Q_YDNA: from 1475 to 2450 years, the 6 67 marker samples
                                                        >are at 1725/2250 years
                                                        >Group 1: from 1475 to 3025 years, the 8 67 marker samples are at
                                                        >2075-2450 years
                                                        >Group 2: from 1475 to 3025 years, the 7 67 markers are at 1725-2075
                                                        >years

                                                        All the years I talked are the distance from me of these
                                                        samples-groups, not the TMRCA of the group.

                                                        Excuse me again if I was not so clear.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                          Alessandro,

                                                          If you want to get more complicated... Try putting in the modal for
                                                          the Dimond family and one for each of the Sizemore families.

                                                          Try it first for those six marker that the old papers used, then for
                                                          12, then for 25, and 37, and finally 67.

                                                        • Alessandro Biondo
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Jun 20, 2008
                                                            Rebekah,

                                                            what I see if I play this strange game is that in this case the more
                                                            are the marker, the closer are the samples in term of TMRCA, even if
                                                            they belong to different haplogroups.
                                                            I think that in general, clustering a group of sample can results in
                                                            some dubious cases anytime we face with not pure or not
                                                            straightforward sample.
                                                            Anyway we need to rely on the tools we have, it is only important to
                                                            know the weak point of every tool as well the strong points, and to
                                                            extract from every tool only what they can.

                                                            Regards.

                                                            Alessandro.