Re: Perfect Match?

  • laryoung
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
      We need a volunteer to step forward and replace Barry. The work he did for all of us in interviewing new Q1b's and then editing the response so we knew how many Doctor's, Lawyer's, and Engineer's etc. were amongst us, where we live and our stories is really missed. I think there were approximately two dozen new Q1b's last year (2012) about whom we know nothing and they know nothing about the rest of us. I would consider doing it but I was raised Christian and cannot answer questions or read tombstone inscriptions such as Barry was able to do; also as an engineer I'm not a good wordsmith. How about one of our lawyer cousins who understands the customs and traditions of most of us stepping forward since I do not recall another newspaper person such as Barry within our ranks.

      Larry Young

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
        I agree with Larry.  We need another Barry.  By the way, tombstone inscriptions can be deciphered by going to the website of Jewish Genealogy http://jewishgen.org.  It's a free website and has tons of information.  I found my grandfather's birth recorded there as I had a feeling he would be from Telsiai, Lithuania, but wasn't sure.  Barry was also very capable with computers and spread sheets, etc, I believe, another skill needed.
        Nadene Goldfoot

        We need a volunteer to step forward and replace Barry. The work he did for all of us in interviewing new Q1b's and then editing the response so we knew how many Doctor's, Lawyer's, and Engineer's etc. were amongst us, where we live and our stories is really missed. I think there were approximately two dozen new Q1b's last year (2012) about whom we know nothing and they know nothing about the rest of us. I would consider doing it but I was raised Christian and cannot answer questions or read tombstone inscriptions such as Barry was able to do; also as an engineer I'm not a good wordsmith. How about one of our lawyer cousins who understands the customs and traditions of most of us stepping forward since I do not recall another newspaper person such as Barry within our ranks.

        Larry Young

        --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, Janette Silverman <jsilverman@...> wrote:

        > Indeed Barry was - I quoted him extensively in the sction on DNA in my
        > dissertation
        >
        > Janette
        >
        > On 12/31/2012 7:21 AM, rlkushner@... wrote:
        > > Thanks for the information. I came to the same conclusion, but you put
        > > it together in a more logical easy to understand manner.
        > >
        > > I miss Barry Zwick. Barry was a great asset to the Site. I was shocked
        > > when he died. I had no idea he suffered from diabetes. Dave, you always
        > > have made important contributions as well.
        > >
        > > bob kushner

      • A Silver
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
          If memory serves me correctly, Dave Howard was a journalist.

        • K E EPHRAIM
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 10, 2013
            yeah, Barry was great

            To: Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com