Re: How old the is the subgroup Q1b1a ?

  • Nawaf
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15, 2012
      I guess it makes sense, since as a far as I know my tribe/family originated near Medina. I was under the impression that all Jewish people were either killed or banished during Mohammad's time, from studying Islamic history in high school. I guess some remained and survived.
      Thanks for replying!
      Nawaf,

      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2012

        Message 3 of 13 , May 15, 2012

          Yes, I read that Mohammad himself married a young Jewish girl.

          Message 4 of 13 , May 16, 2012
            Nawaf, here a website that names some of the Jewish tribes of that period, the Banu Nadir in northern Arabia until the 7th century, Banu Qurayza and Banu Qaynuqa. Evidently there were more than these 3.   They went there after the Roman persecution, probably after 70 CE.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Nadir