Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] How old the is the subgroup Q1b1a ?

    Message 1 of 13 , May 14, 2012

      That too, but there were also Jewish tribes living in Medina at the time of Mohammad.
      Message 2 of 13 , May 14, 2012
        Indeed Nadene, all the Jews of Arabia had been killed or converted by force at the time of Mohammad and the Jihad. The finding of Q1b1a in this region is not surprising. Albert

        Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:26 AM

[...]

      • Nawaf
        Message 3 of 13 , May 15, 2012
          I guess it makes sense, since as a far as I know my tribe/family originated near Medina. I was under the impression that all Jewish people were either killed or banished during Mohammad's time, from studying Islamic history in high school. I guess some remained and survived.
          Thanks for replying!
          Nawaf,

          > That too, but there were also Jewish tribes living in Medina at the time of Mohammad.

        • Jason Vick
          Message 4 of 13 , May 15, 2012
            Yep, I hear he was really good pals with a local Jewish community. Google "Banu Qurayza 900" for some insights. Jews were definitely on the peninsula.

[...]

          • king harold
            Message 5 of 13 , May 15, 2012

              Message 6 of 13 , May 15, 2012

                Message 7 of 13 , May 15, 2012

                  Yes, I read that Mohammad himself married a young Jewish girl.

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 16, 2012
                    Nawaf, here a website that names some of the Jewish tribes of that period, the Banu Nadir in northern Arabia until the 7th century, Banu Qurayza and Banu Qaynuqa. Evidently there were more than these 3.   They went there after the Roman persecution, probably after 70 CE.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Nadir