Whoops! didn't look

  • goldfootn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2011
      Sorry AJ. I didn't look where the email from you came from. Next time I'll not be in such a hurry. Your idea was so interesting. Nadene
    • aj_levin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2011
        No worries, Nadene. I don't know that this would explain Q1b in particular but it's useful to be aware of the possibility generally. My own hunch, since there was a population explosion of Ashkenazim from the 16th-18th centuries, and a shrink in Sephardi ones over the same period, is that a fair number of Sephardim became integrated in Ashkenazi communities.

        Best,

        A.J.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2011
          A.J., I heard a lecture on the fact that some Ashkenazim went back to the Ottoman Empire because they were invited and needed, so we have gone back and forth as well.  Nadene