Barry Zwich's Monthly Newsletter

  • laryoung
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi cousins:

      We need a volunteer to step forward and carry on for Barry. I looked forward to his monthly updates. I would do it except I haven't the foggest notion of Jewish history, traditions, or expressions. I, in fact, e-mailed Barry each time one of you used an expression to find out what it meant! He also translated my grandparents headstones for me. Thus whomever takes on the job of contacting new cousins, explaining our group to them, editing and sending out the news and charts must also carry on small educational bites to us who were raised Christian.

      Sometime, I would also like to see a time line for M242, M378, L214, L215, L245 etc.from one of you who understands the research. We are getting all this new data without any time frames, which comes first and when. In reviewing the history of middle Asia I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tamerlane. Also while Radanites, Khazars, and others have been mentioned there does not seem to be an explanation for the Selkups and Kets.

      Enough of my rambling while watching the snow fall here in the Ozarks. The weather guys are saying this will be the worst storm since 1912.

      Larry Young
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2011
        Hi Larry,
        I just read David Howard's email reply that says that Michael Palmer will take over Barry's role in our group.  I'm grateful as that made the Q1b's special.  Not all other  haplogroups have such helpful people.   I agree with you about wanting to know more about the time line for M242, etc.

        I am Jewish and might be able to help you out with the Jewish history.  traditions or expressions.  You can also find a lot of answers at http://www.jewfaq.org/index.htm.  It's called Judaism 101 and is like an encyclopedia.  It's great.

        I looked forward to Barry's updates, too, and really miss them.  He's added a lot of information to the study of the Q1b group.
        PS  We just got some snow out here in the Portland, OR area.

        All the best,
        Nadene Goldfoot
        Administrator for surname: Goldfoot