23andme v3 test

  • Alessandro
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
      Hello,

      If someone here got the new 23andme v3 test, he might consider sending his Y-SNPs raw data file to the Y-Chromosome Genome Comparison Project, to see if there is any new useful Y-SNPs in these results. The Y-SNPs values will be added to the excel file in http://www.webalice.it/asquecco/Y_DNA-Forums.zip and compared to other participants.
      By this mean many new YSNPs for Q and Q1b were found in the past, and maybe the new v3 test has some useful YSNPs for the Q1b. Q1a3 has already found two likely new YSNPs in the v3 data file, and maybe also some new YSNPs is awaiting to be discovered in the results of one Q1b participant.

      Below the instructions from: http://daver.info/ysub/

      Download the Y-Chromosome Data
      - Login on the 23andME.com website
      - Click "Account" in the upper right corner (to the right of your name)
      - Select "Browse Raw Data" from the pull-down
      - Click "download raw data" in the upper right corner
      - Enter your password and secret answer, select Data set "Y Chromosome"
      - Click "Download Data" in the bottom right corner
      - Save the data file to your computer

      Share the Data
      - E-mail the data file to Adriano Squecco, asquecco@...
      - When submitting the file, please specify:
      -- Is this an anonymous submission? If yes, no identifying or contact information will be published.
      -- Surname to use with data (normally yours, but anonymous or geographic location OK)
      -- Do you give permission to list your e-mail address (optional)
      -- Your Y-DNA haplogroup (click "Paternal Line" in the 23andMe left sidebar) (optional.
      -- Geographic location of your earliest known paternal ancestor (optional)
      -- Ysearch ID if you have done Y-DNA STR testing and submitted the results to Ysearch.org (optional)

      Alessandro.
    • Alessandro
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2011
        Hello group,

        two Q1b are sharing their new 23andme v3 Y-SNP data within the Y-Chromosome Genome Comparison Project.
        We are not lucky: at present, the new test don't revealed any new useful Y-SNP for the Q1b line.

        Alessandro.

        --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, "Alessandro" <alefbiondo@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > If someone here got the new 23andme v3 test, he might consider sending his Y-SNPs raw data file to the Y-Chromosome Genome Comparison Project, to see if there is any new useful Y-SNPs in these results. The Y-SNPs values will be added to the excel file in http://www.webalice.it/asquecco/Y_DNA-Forums.zip and compared to other participants.
        > By this mean many new YSNPs for Q and Q1b were found in the past, and maybe the new v3 test has some useful YSNPs for the Q1b. Q1a3 has already found two likely new YSNPs in the v3 data file, and maybe also some new YSNPs is awaiting to be discovered in the results of one Q1b participant.
        >
        > Below the instructions from: http://daver.info/ysub/
        >
        > Download the Y-Chromosome Data
        > - Login on the 23andME.com website
        > - Click "Account" in the upper right corner (to the right of your name)
        > - Select "Browse Raw Data" from the pull-down
        > - Click "download raw data" in the upper right corner
        > - Enter your password and secret answer, select Data set "Y Chromosome"
        > - Click "Download Data" in the bottom right corner
        > - Save the data file to your computer
        >
        > Share the Data
        > - E-mail the data file to Adriano Squecco, asquecco@...
        > - When submitting the file, please specify:
        > -- Is this an anonymous submission? If yes, no identifying or contact information will be published.
        > -- Surname to use with data (normally yours, but anonymous or geographic location OK)
        > -- Do you give permission to list your e-mail address (optional)
        > -- Your Y-DNA haplogroup (click "Paternal Line" in the 23andMe left sidebar) (optional.
        > -- Geographic location of your earliest known paternal ancestor (optional)
        > -- Ysearch ID if you have done Y-DNA STR testing and submitted the results to Ysearch.org (optional)
        >
        > Alessandro.

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2011
          Alessandro,

          I followed your instructions and shared my information. Do you know if it showed up?

          Does the 23andME v3 chip look for the new "L" SNPs you folks have been working with?

          Dave

          --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, "Alessandro" <alefbiondo@...> wrote:

          > Hello group,
          >
          > two Q1b are sharing their new 23andme v3 Y-SNP data within the Y-Chromosome Genome Comparison Project.
          > We are not lucky: at present, the new test don't revealed any new useful Y-SNP for the Q1b line.
          >
          > Alessandro.
        • Alessandro
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2011
            Dave and all,

            to see the excel file with the SNPs comparison you have to download the zipped file from the below link:

            http://www.webalice.it/asquecco/Y_DNA-Forums.zip

            Within the zipped archive, the file with the Y-SNPs for the Q hg is:

            Y_DNA-Forums_J-Q.xls

            and data for Q are in the columns at the end, colored in green. To see the differences with the other Q you have to open the drop-down menu "compare" and select only F (False): by this mean all the differences among the different Qs will be immediately clear. A little note about the column remark: there is a problem with the nomenclature used but L153 is indeed L245.

            As in my previous post the results show that no new SNPs for Q1b is discovered in this v3 test.

            The new SNPs discovered by Thomas Krahn are also missing in this test.

            Alessandro.