Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] SAD SAD NEWS - Barry Zwich has Left Us

  • joel marks
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2010
      How do we reach out to the Zwick family?

      Joel Marks

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2010

        So, so sad to hear about the untimely passing of  Barry Zwick .  He was my DNA  cousin; my  other cousin  was Ed Zwick.  I had Barry on my father's side and Ed on my mother's side . Barry knew more about my family than I did.  He was a real gentleman. A real mench. I will miss the voice of our group.

        Bob Kushner

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2010
          May his dear soul rest in peace.    Baruch Hashem
          Denise Bremridge
          South Africa

             It is with extreme sadness that I tell you Barry Zwick died of heart complications
             this morning in his LA home.

             Barry had battled diabetes for much of his adult life.  Through his efforts in reaching
             all of us in our DNA group, I had the opportunity to meet Barry and his wonderful family,
             including wife Bobbie, daughter Natasha, and son Alex.

             This I can tell you.  Barry was one of the most unselfish, intellectual and
             nicest guys I had ever met.  He wrote for the LA times before he retired.

            We shared many written communications, and Barry had a way with words that set him
            above other writers.  He was special.  Barry put forth a great effort into knowing about us
            and took great pride in each one of our achievements.   He will be missed.

            Warmest regards,

            Stephen Lewis

          http://www.eset.com
        • Maria Alonso
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
            My deepest  condolences to his family and friends. It is a great loss for us as well, as his enthusiasm  and fantastic work gave so much to this group. He will be miss.
            Maria Alonso

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
              Sorry it took me so long to reply.  I only opened my e-mail today.  I would just like to say that Barry was a very nice man.  He always responded kindly and promptly to my many innane e-mail questions.  I always looked forward to his monthly newsletter.  He will be sorely missed.

              The Ephraim Family