Why I say Jewish Q1b only go back 800 years

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2010
      In the course of my debate with Freddy Krupa I asked Bennett Greenspan\ to help us out. Here is the information he provided in two separate messages.

      I am showing the second message first.

      From: Bennett Greenspan <bcg@...>
      Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:46:49 -0500
      To: Krupa von Drakenberg <mladen.krupa@...>, Dave Howard <dshoward@...>
      Subject: Re: Ashina of Khazaria

      Hi Guys

      I'm performed a cursory examination of the Jewish and non Jewish Q1b samples at the Y67b level. It appears that all Jews are elated within 800 years(96% confidence level). Comparing from a Jew to a non Jew there was a 94%% likelihood in 2000 years.

      The internal tool I have is NOT good for deep time depths but is probably pretty close for the Jews, but I do not trust it when we go much over 700 years, so the estimate of 2,000 could be wildly off...that why suggest that someone use a profession program to try to estimate the tMRCA

      Best Regards

      Bennett Greenspan
      President
      Family Tree DNA
      www.familytreedna.com <http://www.familytreedna.com>
      "History Unearthed Daily"

      Hi Howard

      As you have probably noted from my emails on this subject (below) I use words like probably or possible and never a word of stronger language that I would normally use if the picture was clear and unambiguous. (Like when a Hispanic males is J1e and matches Ashkenazi and Sephardim and asks if his ancestors where Jews).

      In fact with M378 and with more Y67 samples it appears that the Jewish Q1b would be dated at less then 1000 years which would have been too recent to be Khazarian, and probably represents the conversion of a single male who may have been traveling on the silk route of other venues in central Asia when he came into contact with a Jewish community and decided for some reason or another to convert.

      Bottom line: In science what you know is nearly always less then what you don't know and it's common to need to refine and re-evaluate past presumptions in light of new data, no matter how conflicting that revisionist history may be. As a side note it's important to recall that 100 years ago the best geologists in the world didn't agree on the concept of tectonic plate movement...while today it is nearly universally recognized that those tectonic plates colliding into one another is the cause of all of our mountain ranges.

      You are welcome to distribute as necessary.