Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] Re: New member

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2010
      Hi Larry,

      My mother was also an H. I believe that almost half of the European women are H. My mother's mother was from a little town in northern Sweden called Lumsheden. Her family had been there for centuries. It turned out that my mother's brother married a lady who was also an H, and her famiy were from Germany or Austria. My Swedish grandmother married a Yankee born in Vermont whose family could have been here since the Mayflower, since the oral tradition is that they came over on the ship after that one. He was a Robinson, and I've hit a brick wall trying to go past the great grandfather. Vermont was loaded with Robinsons with different haplogroups.

      So you're the same as my father's line. We happen to be Jewish. I figure that my grandfather came from Lithuania since another Goldfoot family who kept better records came from there. Q1b's make up about 5% of the Jewish population.