Re: New member

  • laryoung
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 2:00 PM
      Hi Nadene:

      Please call me Larry. Laurence is too formal and it is also a surname on my mother's side, an old anglo-saxon custom. Last night's e-mail contained a message from ftdna with the deep clade results, I am a Q1b. I have the M242, P36.2, and M378 mutations. My mother's haplogroup is H. Thus I have shovel-shaped incisors because: a, my father's ancestry is from a nomadic Siberian/Mongolian tribe; b, my mother has a Native American in her line; c, both a and b, Mendel's Law applies; or d, I was looking through a fetal parts catalog while in the womb and liked the shape of the teeth. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if any of my new found cousins have shovel-shaped incisors. So far I have not found any within the group of my mother's family.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 3:12 PM
        Hi Larry,

        My mother was also an H. I believe that almost half of the European women are H. My mother's mother was from a little town in northern Sweden called Lumsheden. Her family had been there for centuries. It turned out that my mother's brother married a lady who was also an H, and her famiy were from Germany or Austria. My Swedish grandmother married a Yankee born in Vermont whose family could have been here since the Mayflower, since the oral tradition is that they came over on the ship after that one. He was a Robinson, and I've hit a brick wall trying to go past the great grandfather. Vermont was loaded with Robinsons with different haplogroups.

        So you're the same as my father's line. We happen to be Jewish. I figure that my grandfather came from Lithuania since another Goldfoot family who kept better records came from there. Q1b's make up about 5% of the Jewish population.