Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] 23andMe Special Price on the Ancestry Edition Test - $199.00 (50% off)

  • Rebekah Adele Canada
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2010
      Hello,

      Is that a version that that allows for raw data downloaded?

      ---
      Regards,
      Rebekah A. Canada
      Volunteer Administrator, Family Tree DNA
      H & HV mtDNA Hg Project
      Q Y-DNA Hg Project, I-P109 Y-DNA Hg Project, Scandinavian Y-DNA Project
      http://www.google.com/profiles/rebekahthorn
      http://friendfeed.com/rebekahthorn

      On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Jason Vick <jason@...> wrote:

      > I remember several people expressing interest in 23andMe but not liking the price.
      >

      > https://www.23andme.com/partner/foa/
      >

      > Have until the end of the month to order.
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Jason Vick
      >

      > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      >

      > _StewE_ says:
      >
      > Mar 9, 2010
      >
      > (11 hours ago)
      >
      > The Oprah Winfrey Show and a special promotion
      >
      > We wanted to share some exciting news and alert you to a special promotion starting today.
      >
      > Airing this afternoon, The Oprah Winfrey Show will feature celebrities discovering their family roots. The show will feature a segment about the PBS documentary, Faces of America, by Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. As you may know, Faces of America used 23andMe’s Ancestry Edition to test the DNA of the guests featured in the series.
      >
      > To promote the Faces of America segment on Oprah.com, 23andMe is offering viewers of The Oprah Winfrey Show our Ancestry Edition for only $199 until 3/31/10.
      >
      > As members of our valued community, we wanted to make sure you heard about this special promotion. If you know people that may want to take advantage of this significant discount, please direct them to the Faces of America page on our website to order the Ancestry Edition at this special price (this is the only place on the site with this discount, so you need to order from this page). There is no set limit on the number of kits that can be ordered for $199, but you'll want to act quickly since the offer expires on 3/31/10.
      >
      > So check out the Oprah show and feel free to spread the word about this special offer!
      >
      > Oprah.com article on Ancestry:
      > http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow /Dr-Henry-Louis-Gates-Jr-Start -Your-Ancestry-Search
      >
      > 23andMe Faces of America promotion:
      > https://www.23andme.com/partne r/foa/
      >
      > Faces of America on PBS:
      > http://www.pbs.org/wnet/faceso famerica/
      >
      > Enjoy!

    • Jason Vick
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2010

        Ahhh… I forgot about that. You do indeed have to purchase the Complete Edition to download your raw data.

        Jason Vick

        Is that a version that that allows for raw data downloaded?

        ---
        Regards,
        Rebekah A. Canada
        Volunteer Administrator, Family Tree DNA
        H & HV mtDNA Hg Project
        Q Y-DNA Hg Project, I-P109 Y-DNA Hg Project, Scandinavian Y-DNA Project
        http://www.google.com/profiles/rebekahthorn
        http://friendfeed.com/rebekahthorn

        On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Jason Vick <jason@...> wrote:

        > I remember several people expressing interest in 23andMe but not liking
        the price.

        > https://www.23andme.com/partner/foa/
        >

        > Have until the end of the month to order.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Jason Vick

        > _StewE_ says:
        >
        > Mar 9, 2010
        >
        > (11 hours ago)
        >
        > The Oprah Winfrey Show and a special promotion
        >
        > We wanted to share some exciting news and alert you to a special promotion
        starting today.

        > Airing this afternoon, The Oprah Winfrey Show will feature celebrities
        discovering their family roots. The show will feature a segment about the PBS documentary, Faces of America, by Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. As you may know, Faces of America used 23andMe’s Ancestry Edition to test the DNA of the guests featured in the series.

        > To promote the Faces of America segment on Oprah.com, 23andMe is offering
        viewers of The Oprah Winfrey Show our Ancestry Edition for only $199 until 3/31/10.

        > As members of our valued community, we wanted to make sure you heard about
        this special promotion. If you know people that may want to take advantage of this significant discount, please direct them to the Faces of America page on our website to order the Ancestry Edition at this special price (this is the only place on the site with this discount, so you need to order from this page). There is no set limit on the number of kits that can be ordered for $199, but you'll want to act quickly since the offer expires on 3/31/10.

        > So check out the Oprah show and feel free to spread the word about this
        special offer!

        > Oprah.com article on Ancestry:
        > http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow
        /Dr-Henry-Louis-Gates-Jr-Start -Your-Ancestry-Search

        > 23andMe Faces of America promotion:
        > https://www.23andme.com/partne
        r/foa/

        > Faces of America on PBS:
        > http://www.pbs.org/wnet/faceso
        famerica/

        > Enjoy!

      • Jason Vick
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2010

          FYI…

          Community Moderator_StewE_:

          Mar 9, 2010

          (10 hours ago)

          You can get the same $200 discount on the Complete Edition by clicking "Continue Shopping" at the top of the store page, then adding a Complete Edition to your cart.

          At that point, if you only want the Complete Edition, you can remove the Ancestry kit and you're left with just the Complete Edition with the discount applied.

          Remember, you have to click the "order now" button on the Faces of America Landing page (see original post) to get the discount - that is the button that applies the promotion to the store.

          Hope that helps!

          Ahhh… I forgot about that. You do indeed have to purchase the Complete Edition to download your raw data.

          Jason Vick

          Is that a version that that allows for raw data downloaded?

          ---
          Regards,
          Rebekah A. Canada
          Volunteer Administrator, Family Tree DNA
          H & HV mtDNA Hg Project
          Q Y-DNA Hg Project, I-P109 Y-DNA Hg Project, Scandinavian Y-DNA Project
          http://www.google.com/profiles/rebekahthorn
          http://friendfeed.com/rebekahthorn

          On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Jason Vick <jason@...> wrote:

          > I remember several people expressing interest in 23andMe but not liking
          the price.

          > https://www.23andme.com/partner/foa/
          >

          > Have until the end of the month to order.
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Jason Vick

          > _StewE_ says:
          >
          > Mar 9, 2010
          >
          > (11 hours ago)
          >
          > The Oprah Winfrey Show and a special promotion
          >
          > We wanted to share some exciting news and alert you to a special promotion
          starting today.

          > Airing this afternoon, The Oprah Winfrey Show will feature celebrities
          discovering their family roots. The show will feature a segment about the PBS documentary, Faces of America, by Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. As you may know, Faces of America used 23andMe’s Ancestry Edition to test the DNA of the guests featured in the series.

          > To promote the Faces of America segment on Oprah.com, 23andMe is offering
          viewers of The Oprah Winfrey Show our Ancestry Edition for only $199 until 3/31/10.

          > As members of our valued community, we wanted to make sure you heard about
          this special promotion. If you know people that may want to take advantage of this significant discount, please direct them to the Faces of America page on our website to order the Ancestry Edition at this special price (this is the only place on the site with this discount, so you need to order from this page). There is no set limit on the number of kits that can be ordered for $199, but you'll want to act quickly since the offer expires on 3/31/10.

          > So check out the Oprah show and feel free to spread the word about this
          special offer!

          > Oprah.com article on Ancestry:
          > http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow
          /Dr-Henry-Louis-Gates-Jr-Start -Your-Ancestry-Search

          > 23andMe Faces of America promotion:
          > https://www.23andme.com/partne
          r/foa/

          > Faces of America on PBS: