Anyone from India / Asia

  • Mridul
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 29, 2009
      Hey guys any one from India / Pakistan or Asia in this group.
    • christopher baysinger
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 29, 2009
        Maybe we all, we are trying to figure that out, are you a Sindhi or an Hazari?

        Christopher D. Baysinger, cdbaysinger@...

        Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth.

             Mark Twain

        A man can be free without being great, but no man can be great without being free.

             Kahlil Gibran

        To: Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com
        From: mredul.singh@...
        Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:25:39 +0000
        Subject: [Ashkenazi-Q] Anyone from India / Asia

        Hey guys any one from India / Pakistan or Asia in this group.

      • Alessandro
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
          I wonder if all the non Indian Q1b derives from the fall of the Multan Kingdom. Multan kingdom was a short-lived (958-1005) vassal state of the Fatimid Empire, adherent to Ismailism as the Fatimid Empire; it was located long the Silk Road, in present day southern part of the Punjab province of Pakistan. In the years 1005-1010 Multan was conquered by the Ghaznavids, and their inhabitant massacred or forced to convert to orthodox Islam. Because of the ties with the Fatimid Empire some of the inhabitant, the most rich I suppose, leaved Multan and found protection in the Fatimid Empire. Those years Fatimids ruled, directly or through vassal states, all over the Middle East, Northern Africa and also Sicily. Fatimid Empire era is coherent with the Most Common Recent Ancestor of all of us. To be completely sincere, this coherence of time doesn't solve the puzzle if the migration was from India to Fatimid Empire and from here to Europe (as I wrote above) or, on the contrary, from Fatimid Empire to Multan and from here to Pakistan and India. I think it was from East to West because of some haplotypes close to Q1b found in Northern-NorthWestern India among Saraswati Brahmins, but, as all of the above, this is only one of the many theories surrounding our mysterious origins.

          Alessandro.

          --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, christopher baysinger <cdbaysinger@...> wrote:

          > Maybe we all, we are trying to figure that out, are you a Sindhi or an Hazari?
          >

          > Christopher D. Baysinger, cdbaysinger@...
          >
          > Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth.
          > Mark Twain
          > A man can be free without being great, but no man can be great without being free.
          > Kahlil Gibran
          >

          > To: Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com
          > From: mredul.singh@...
          > Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:25:39 +0000
          > Subject: [Ashkenazi-Q] Anyone from India / Asia

          > Hey guys any one from India / Pakistan or Asia in this group.

          > Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.
          > http://www.bing.com/search?q=restaurants&form=MFESRP&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFESRP_Local_MapsMenu_Resturants_1x1

        • KRUPA
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
            I am awaiting my formal results from iGENEA-Switzerland.

            They will issue results in form of the Ancient People Certificate
            (of origin). So, what they will state about me, it will apply to
            most of You,if not all.

            I don't know do You know that both Hazara and Sindhi people are
            considered as descendants of the Kushan Empire (main part in
            current Pakistan). Significance of this is the fact that there
            is lack of Q1b in Hazara population in Iran and Afghanistan.
            That empire was established and ruled by the Yuezhi Clan (Turkic
            people) from north-west China.
            After Kushan there was Turkic White Hun Empire.

            Citiram Alessandro <alefbiondo@...>:

            > I wonder if all the non Indian Q1b derives from the fall of the
            > Multan Kingdom. Multan kingdom was a short-lived (958-1005) vassal
            > state of the Fatimid Empire, adherent to Ismailism as the Fatimid
            > Empire; it was located long the Silk Road, in present day southern
            > part of the Punjab province of Pakistan. In the years 1005-1010
            > Multan was conquered by the Ghaznavids, and their inhabitant
            > massacred or forced to convert to orthodox Islam. Because of the ties
            > with the Fatimid Empire some of the inhabitant, the most rich I
            > suppose, leaved Multan and found protection in the Fatimid Empire.
            > Those years Fatimids ruled, directly or through vassal states, all
            > over the Middle East, Northern Africa and also Sicily. Fatimid Empire
            > era is coherent with the Most Common Recent Ancestor of all of us. To
            > be completely sincere, this coherence of time doesn't solve the
            > puzzle if the migration was from India to Fatimid Empire and from
            > here to Europe (as I wrote above) or, on the contrary, from Fatimid
            > Empire to Multan and from here to Pakistan and India. I think it was
            > from East to West because of some haplotypes close to Q1b found in
            > Northern-NorthWestern India among Saraswati Brahmins, but, as all of
            > the above, this is only one of the many theories surrounding our
            > mysterious origins.
            >
            > Alessandro.
            >

            > --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, christopher baysinger
            > <cdbaysinger@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> Maybe we all, we are trying to figure that out, are you a Sindhi or
            >> an Hazari?
            >>

            >> Christopher D. Baysinger, cdbaysinger@...
            >>
            >> Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love
            >> like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth.
            >> Mark Twain
            >> A man can be free without being great, but no man can be great
            >> without being free.
            >> Kahlil Gibran
            >>

            >> To: Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com
            >> From: mredul.singh@...
            >> Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:25:39 +0000
            >> Subject: [Ashkenazi-Q] Anyone from India / Asia

            >> Hey guys any one from India / Pakistan or Asia in this group.

            >> Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.
            >> http://www.bing.com/search?q=restaurants&form=MFESRP&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFESRP_Local_MapsMenu_Resturants_1x1

            ---------------------- T - C o m - - W e b m a i l ----------------------
            Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
            Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!
            http://shopping.tportal.hr
          • christopher baysinger

              From: mladen.krupa@ka.t-com.hr
              Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:30:10 +0100
              Subject: Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] Re: Anyone from India / Asia

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                Right now there is no trace of Q1b or Q1b-haplotypes East or North of Northern India (and maybe of Nepal): so there is no clue of a derivation of Q1b from these northern and eastern lands.
                About Harappan times. IF (big IF here) we all derive from India it is likely Q1b or its more direct ancestor was also present during Harappan times. The problem is that we are confused enough when we speculate about the most recent history of Q1b and if we go back in time we would only add more confusion, in my opinion. My target date is the more recent landing of Q1b in Sicily, and in Europe in general, and I try only to find some event, like the rise and the fall of the the Multan state, that could be one of the hypothetical sources for the presence of Q1b out of Asia.

              • Alessandro
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                  Hi Mridul,

                  from where exactly are your paternal roots in India. And, what is the name of your caste or your clan (I apologize if maybe I don't use in a correct manner the definition of caste or clan, but I don't know enough of the social structure of India to be more precise).

                  Kind regards.

                  Alessandro.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                    Hi Alessandro, The Tree is not well defined, or maybe not properly passed on to me. But My grand Dad used to be in Sindh area [Pakistan], when he was very youngl. and mid thirties they migrated to Haryana in India. Though we share the Sankhla Caste. [I have doubt on this also. Sankhla are Rajputs in India. And is very common in India for people working for king to use their surname].
                    I am planning to go a bit deeper into the origins. but it will take some time here, as there are no official records available.

                    --
                    Mridul K Singh,
                    +919899000152

                  • KRUPA
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                      Dear Midrul,

                      I have found this web site;
                      http://rajputana.htmlplanet.com/scy_raj/scy_raj1.html
                      Claim is that Rajputs are Scythian in origin, like the Buddha
                      himself.
                      Q's and R's as descendants of P's, are all ultimately Scythians
                      (larger Scythia).

                      Freddy

                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                        Hi Mridul,

                        it's not so easy trace our roots before our grand-parents or great-grandparents. In your case one information is for sure interesting: your grand-father was from Sindh and this seems give us a confirmation of a not casual presence here of Q1b. Also, we could speculate that the other Q1b from India could be the heirs of someone who expatriate from present day Pakistan before or during the split between India and Pakistan.

                        Thank you for your precise answer.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                          Dear Alfred,

                          choose more careful your sources. Your link brings us to the web site of the Rajputana Liberation Front whose objectives are:
                          restore the Rajput civilization of Rajasthan and restore the ancient Saka civilization of Sakastan (from their "about" page).
                          In the best case the information you find here are politically driven, hoping they are not something worst.

                          Alessandro.

                          --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com, KRUPA <mladen.krupa@...> wrote:

                          > Dear Midrul,
                          >
                          > I have found this web site;
                          > http://rajputana.htmlplanet.com/scy_raj/scy_raj1.html
                          > Claim is that Rajputs are Scythian in origin, like the Buddha
                          > himself.
                          > Q's and R's as descendants of P's, are all ultimately Scythians
                          > (larger Scythia).
                          >
                          > Freddy
                          >
                          > Citiram Mridul <mredul.singh@...>:
                          >
                          > > Hi Alessandro, The Tree is not well defined, or maybe not properly passed on
                          > > to me. But My grand Dad used to be in Sindh area [Pakistan], when he was
                          > > very youngl. and mid thirties they migrated to Haryana in India. Though we
                          > > share the Sankhla Caste. [I have doubt on this also. Sankhla are Rajputs in
                          > > India. And is very common in India for people working for king to use their
                          > > surname].
                          > > I am planning to go a bit deeper into the origins. but it will take some
                          > > time here, as there are no official records available.
                          > >
                          > > 2009/11/30 Alessandro <alefbiondo@...>
                          > >

                          > >> Hi Mridul,
                          > >>
                          > >> from where exactly are your paternal roots in India. And, what is the name
                          > >> of your caste or your clan (I apologize if maybe I don't use in a correct
                          > >> manner the definition of caste or clan, but I don't know enough of the
                          > >> social structure of India to be more precise).
                          > >>
                          > >> Kind regards.
                          > >>
                          > >> Alessandro.
                          > >>

                          > >> --- In Ashkenazi-Q@yahoogroups.com <Ashkenazi-Q%40yahoogroups.com>,

                          > > --
                          > > Mridul K Singh,
                          > > +919899000152
                          > > Director,
                          > > Thakursahib Tech Consultants.
                          > > http://www.thakursahib.com
                          > > http://www.linkedin.com/in/mridulksingh
                          > >

                          > ---------------------- T - C o m - - W e b m a i l ----------------------
                          > Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
                          > Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!
                          > http://shopping.tportal.hr

                        • imranah1978
                          Message 12 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                            Hi Mridul,

                            I am originally from Pakistan and am most likely a q1b as well, you might have come across my records in familytree dna under the name of "idreen ahmed siddiqui" (which is actually Idrees but I made a typo when submitting).

                            My grandfather originally came from Varanasi in India but migrated after the partition to Karachi. Not much is known about my family before my grandfather and thus it frustrates me quite a bit not knowing how I ended up where I am.

                            Imran

                            Message 13 of 20 , Nov 30, 2009
                              This site was not my recommendation at all, just something what
                              was brought to my attention.
                              My apologies.

                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009
                                Can anyone solve this mystery;
                                - FTDNA system shows Q1b as predicted haplogroup option (Ahmed
                                family as example), but not in our case - Ashkenazi Q1b, we are
                                always just Q, until confirmed by the deep clade test
                                Financial motivation or something else?
                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 2, 2009
                                  Hello,

                                  The current haplogroup prediction program at FTDNA is very cautious. First it is based on 14 marker haplotypes. That is the 12 STR markers from the first panel and 2 others that they always test with the first panel and use as checks to detect sample errors with subsequent upgrades.

                                  They compare your results to those who match you or are off by one or two values. They use all tested values including backbone haplogroup test results and those from the old deep clade test. For many haplotypes then the resulting dataset will be some people who are tested up to Q, some who are tested up to Q1, and some who are tested up to Q1b. When there are the three different tested haplogroup placements the system cautiously predicts that untested samples are Q. If everyone with that haplotype who had ever tested Q or Q1 were to order the new deep clade test then future people would be predicted as Q1b.

                                  I personally do not think that having that prediction for some people is worth all of the others ordering a $49 - $79 US test.

                                  When we have interesting subclades of Q1b perhaps I will think differently.

                                  Best,
                                  Rebekah

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Dec 2, 2009
                                    Rebekah,

                                    Thank You for explanation.
                                    Sorry for my ignorance, but I need to ask one thing further;
                                    - I see that all Q's possess both M45 mutation (haplo P) and M242
                                    (haplo Q),as well as further mutation specific for subclade like
                                    our M378.
                                    That means 3 separate SNP mutations.

                                    But, do we have possess all other older mutations as from A-K
                                    haplogroups?

                                    Please advise me about this.

                                    Alfred

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Dec 5, 2009
                                        Hi Alfred,

                                        The problem, as I see it, is the lack of Q-M242 samples in ancient Indian subcontinent DNA. Say from old Indian archaeological sites.

                                        We have nothing then to ensure that Q-M242 in general and Q-M378 specificity are not in India due to the events of the 1940s.

                                        Of course, the Persian Gulf and the Indian Ocean link the Levant area to the Southern Indian subcontinent.

                                        Best,
                                        Rebekah

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Dec 5, 2009

                                          Do we have anything that identifies the haplogroup of the women of the YQ1bs?  I recently found out that my grandmother is a W, and they seem to also come from Altai Mountain area and are found in Poland.  They are also a minority group of the groups, stemming from N haplogroup.  Though my grandparents met in Council, Idaho and married in 1905 there, they seem to be of the same people; from Poland or Lithuania, depending on the year, and Jewish with roots in the Altai Mountains.  What a coincidence.
                                          Nadene Goldfoot

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Dec 8, 2009
                                            Dear All,
                                            I am in hope that the administrator will release this message;

                                            Today I have received my formal iGENEA-Zurich Y-DNA results, and
                                            they are as follows;
                                            Alfred Krupa, haplogroup Q, Jew , Eastern Europa

                                            Very short and dry ,without any offered explanations why we see
                                            Central Asian/Siberian SNP within so much specific and closed
                                            group like Ashkenazi.

                                            Regards,