      From: Kevin R
      Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 8:13 AM
      Subject: [Ashkenazi-Q] New Q to List

      I have just joined, and thought I would introduce myself. Although I have been working on my tree for 10 years, I only had my DNA tested last fall. According to Jim Cullen's Hapolgroup predictor, I am Q-M242, which I think makes me a Q1b. I seem to be a DNA match for the descendants of Paulus Dirkse Huff, which is strange as my last name is Riley.
      But there is a break in my line pre-1809, when my last known ancestor left home after a huge fight with his father. I am now thinking he changed his name as well as his address. We are from New Jersey, and there are a number of Huffs living there in that era.
      I look forward to learning more about DNA, and this whole Q business, and seeing how I fit in.
      Take care,
      Kevin

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic