301Re: [Ashkenazi-Q]

  • KRUPA
    Jul 1, 2008
      Below facts of Rebekah are important for antropological research.
      I believe there is no particular value for genealogy study.
      From my point only path to common identity (we are not all Jews
      according to our Rabbi in Zagreb) is comparsion of haplotype
      data (not haplogroup mutation), historical records, and personal
      records.
      All other is pure ,intelligent or less intelligent, speculation.

      Also, those labels like Karaite, Sephardi, Mizrachi Jews,
      Converts, they are purely arbitrary or based on recent locations
      data or limited knowledge about family history (few centuries
      back in best cases).
      To explain; Khazars was tought (learned) to Sephard knowledge and
      religious practice, so some of them joined and remained within
      Sephard community, others fled to Syria, Iraq (historical
      fact)etc. and now they claim that they are Mizrachi, Karaites in
      Ukraine always claimed Khazar origin...etc..

      Citiram Rebekah Canada <rebekahthorn@...>:

      > Let us discard mythology. Let us discard documents that cannot be
      > linked to DNA. That takes us back to looking at where Q (not Ket Q or
      > Amerindian Q) is now.
      >
      > It is now in the Ashkenazi Jewish population.
      > It is now in the Karaite Jewish population.
      > It is now in the Sephardi Jewish population.
      > It is now found among peoples from the Gulf of Oman.
      > It is found in the older settlements of Crete.
      > It has a high diversity in Turkey.
      > It is found in Pakistan.
      > and so forth...
      >
      > In the Ashkenazi population it has its highest diversity and highest
      > percentage in Germans.
      > It is in the Amish/Mennonite population.
      >
      > We need to break these places down more exactly and look at every
      > opportunity that one has had to move to another. I think that we
      > should look at the most recent 100 years first.:-) Then we may move
      > back to the most recent 200 years... We have a larger sample of
      > Ashkenazi Qs than any of the papers. What can we do with that?
      >
      > Many ships records and the Hamburg records are now up at Ancestry.com.
      > Maybe we should talk about immigration?:-)
      >
      > --
      > Peace and Light,
      > Rebekah

      Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom T-Com Webmail usluge
      Uzivajte u shoppingu ne napustajuci udobnost svoga doma!
      http://shopping.tportal.hr
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic