1663Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] How old the is the subgroup Q1b1a ?

    May 14, 2012

      Nawaf, according to what familytreedna originally told me, our origins started in Siberia, Mongolia and parts of Turkey or Turkestan.  American natives are Q3, showing we have a common ancestor there as well.  This all was probably 15,000-20,000 years ago.  Since then we're all trying to figure out who our common ancestor was, and I think we have one from about 1,000 years ago.  This is a good question for Rebekah.  I'm just elated to find so many wonderful cousins.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 5:28 PM
      Subject: Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] How old the is the subgroup Q1b1a ?

      Hi Nawaf and Brian, we have found Ashkenazi Jews with Q1b1a like my father's line.  5% of Jews today are of Q1b1, and Jews make up a small % of the world population, less than 1%.  Jews were in Saudi Arabia living in Medina, etc.  There had been two expulsions at different periods from Jerusalem where they were taken captive, and in the trek or something, managed to live there.  So it's possible your ancestor  was of a tribe of Jews that had converted.  I know, I was surprised, too.  Nadene