1662Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] How old the is the subgroup Q1b1a ?

    May 14, 2012

      Hi Nawaf and Brian, we have found Ashkenazi Jews with Q1b1a like my father's line.  5% of Jews today are of Q1b1, and Jews make up a small % of the world population, less than 1%.  Jews were in Saudi Arabia living in Medina, etc.  There had been two expulsions at different periods from Jerusalem where they were taken captive, and in the trek or something, managed to live there.  So it's possible your ancestor  was of a tribe of Jews that had converted.  I know, I was surprised, too.  Nadene
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 4:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] How old the is the subgroup Q1b1a ?

      Hello Nawaf:

      It might seem strange at first but when you study ancient middle eastern history one thing stands out; The history of the Near East is just a list of  human migrations (invasions). The Hittites and  Hyksos, were non-semetic and likely from central Asia, the Medes, the Persians, the Turks (Altaics and could be a reasonable Q contribution).

      It goes to show you that can never really know exactly who you are...

      Brian