      From: Gene 1
      Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:32 PM
      Subject: [Ashkenazi-Q] Re: Speaking of Segal, Levine and Halevi

      I kinda agree with you on most parts. I think all Shagal, Sagals, Shagalov's are related. As far as testing for DNA of a group that was big, with many different subgroups, and that has not been arround for a thousand years, should be taken with a grain of salt. But from another perspective, from everything I have read, I think people in my family look stereotypical like Khazar's described by Arab writers, reddish or strawberry blonde hair, light features, and really good looking (hehehe, j/k). Either way, we can fight and argue left and right all day long, and all it is, is speculation at best. But I am always on the prowl for Shagals, Sagals, and Shagaloviches, so please find me on facebook. I have found other Shagals who are not related to me, and they all come from the same place, usually either from or near Vitebsk, Belarus. And a lot look similar too (who would have thought? right?). I would like to construct an "extended Shagal tree that encompasses all th e different branches, and see how far back we can all construct it (the sooner the better, while elder generations are still around)

      Look for me using my name: Gene Shagal or my email: genecps@...

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic