1560Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] For Those Paying for Upgrades - Good Return on Your Investment?

  • Kim Ephraim
    Aug 19, 2011
      I have not done any additional testing.    I found relatives on ancestry.com.     She helped me find my original American ancestry and where he came from and from there I found my Jewish family.     I think the info may be valuable to researcher, but may not impact me personally.  I can trace my family now to 1625 but I don't find any links to anyone.  There aren't many Dutch Jews in the group.
      I suppose only time will tell what all this data means
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 18, 2011, at 11:46 PM, "Dave" <dshoward@...> wrote:

      For those of you who are paying to have more and more yDNA tests do you feel you are getting anything of value in return?

      What value are you getting?

      Have you found relatives?

      Has the additional testing helped your genealogy?

      Do you have a sense you are just wasting your money and learning nothing really useful?

      Do you feel you are contributing to valuable research?

      I have become skeptical of the value of the additional tests that Rebekah keeps encouraging.

      I am interested in your comments.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic