1373Re: [Ashkenazi-Q] Re: Tracing the Roots of Jewishness - ScienceNOW

  • Rebekah Adele Canada
    Aug 22, 2010
      Dave,

      Science. Trace the source of each "scientific" guess back to the last time real data was quoted.

      Sadly, I think that R1a1 has become the victim of a scientific Factoid. They are Levites. There likely have been R1a1 Levites as long as there have been Levites. If you wish to talk Jewish R1a then the guru is A.J. Levin, aj_levin@.... He is a nice guy....

      Now, it is late, and I am going to bed.

      ---
      Regards,
      Rebekah A. Canada
      Volunteer Administrator, Family Tree DNA
      H & HV mtDNA Hg Project
      Q Y-DNA Hg Project, I-P109 Y-DNA Hg Project, Scandinavian Y-DNA Project
      http://www.google.com/profiles/rebekahthorn
      http://friendfeed.com/rebekahthorn

      On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Dave <dshoward@...> wrote:
      Robert,

      Thanks for the link to an important article.

      It is good to look over the Behar et al article published the first of 2004 and written in 2003 in the files part of this very website.

      There is also a good Wikipedia article on the Khazars with a discussion of their conversion. There is even a scientific best guess that the yDNA R1a1 Haplotype may have come into Ashkenazim through the Khazars.

      The latest work seems to show that perhaps 11.5% of the DNA among Ashkenazim came from the Khazars.

      Here is a good link -

      http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/abstracts.html